Fortron Blue Storm Ax500-a

I am now looking for a new power supply due to my other computer's power supply crapping out on me last night...so I gave it my power supply...anyways now I need a new one but this time before going out on a limb and just looking at reviews for what might look like a decent one I want to come here and ask all you experts out there on a psu...the case this will be going in will be a uv reactive acryllic blue case so I would like a psu possibly with sleeved cables but manuverable ones too as with my x-connect they are hard as hell to move around...so I looked at this one and was wondering what is your input on it...Another psu I was looking at was the Enermax Liberty 500w but I don't think all the cables are sleeved...please correct me if I am wrong on this..the other downside to a liberty is it is close to $20 more

I have a fortron storm 500 (the pre-sleeved one) on my MSI neo2/3200+ winchester. It's a very good PSU, and I've never had a reason to complain about it. Though honestly, for that money, I would buy the one I have on my main rig now. The Tagan 480W seems better made and has a lot more connections on it. Both are great supplies and pretty much the same price. I'd recommend either.

the fortron (fsp) blue storm 500 isn't actually 500w sustained, it's like 435w or something stupid... and the fan isn't so quiet under load... i returned mine because it didn't really give me any advantage over the tt purepower 480 it was replacing (rails still wavering)

i returned it for a refund... not really worth it imo

ok well then...here is my situation...I have approx $100 I would like to get a decent PSU that is good for ocing and having STABLE rails so that way I don't go and fry another mobo...I would prefer for the cables to be sleeved but not a necessity..if possible for it to be modular because its going to be hard to "hide" cables where no matter what they are going to be seen in a acryllic case...the components in the case are

Intel Pentium 4 3.2 Prescott

Swiftech MCX 4000 w/ Tornado 80MM Fan

DFI LanParty 875ProB Motherboard

(soon to be) 2x1gb G.Skill Extreme (right now) 512mb Mushkin

BFG 6800 GT OC

56K Modem

(2) 60 GB Maxtor HD's

48x12x48x CDRW

16x DVD

4 UV cathodes

4 Case Fans

The power supply does not have to be "quite" because no matter what I really will not hear it over my Tornado (if I do it must be one hell of a fan on the psu)

I think I am just going to wait another week and go with the Enermax Liberty 500Watt PSU..sleeved cables, modular and enough power for my system...right now I have $90 but after next weeks paycheck I will have the 117 for the enermax (110+7 for shipping).

I think I am just going to wait another week and go with the Enermax Liberty 500Watt PSU..sleeved cables, modular and enough power for my system...right now I have $90 but after next weeks paycheck I will have the 117 for the enermax (110+7 for shipping).

607492[/snapback]

Good choice. I put an one of those in my rig, it does a very good job of powering my rig quietly, and the attention to detail is stunning! Enermax really puts everything into consideration. :thumbs-up:

Good choice. I put an one of those in my rig, it does a very good job of powering my rig quietly, and the attention to detail is stunning! Enermax really puts everything into consideration.  :thumbs-up:

608013[/snapback]

Just curious as to when you overclock how are the rails on yours?? I am just very concerned this time around because I am looking to go for a pretty massive oc...I know my comp can do 3.2 to 4.0 but the issue I had last time was a bad psu and it fried my mobo I want to try and avoid this again...Thanks