Custom Charges?

supersonic

aww sry to post here i didnt find another place for this, but since its aobut hardware:S anyway i am sry and please move this if needed.

i was wondering if any1 who lives in europe faced custom charges when ordering from US. i am about to make an order of about 25kg worth 2k $ to ireland (its all hardware)

will i be facing custom charges? The delivery will be made By UPS. anyway i am confused right now and i dont want to be facinf charges opver 50-100$

although i dont think UPS will charge me but i heard that like in uk if something is sent via royal male and . is facing custom charges. bah sry for a long post, i just want to be sure:).

oh ye forgive me for posting here:S

after customs and other import taxes, it's actually cheaper to buy from uk or the continent...

check the UK/Europe section of the modding store list in my sig for a little help on finding the cheapest places :)

the EU is a pain...and you are lucky to not be taxed on imports. gifts can still be inspected and you can be charged a tax if they have reason to believe it is not a gift, but thats not a common situation.

tax can make stuff VERY expensive.

what if when the shipment arrives and they ask me to pay tax and . and i refuse? they ship it back and i get my money back or what?:S I didnt realise it would be so hard to ship something here... anyway i quess i am gona buy my stuff from overclockers.co.uk :/

I bought a video card on ebay $180 and paid $75 in broker fees from NY to queerbec PLUS $35 shipping. That's about 400 miles btw so when they want to get you, beleive me they do loll :P