Bf2 Vs. Cod2

CmpFreak88

Alright, I want to get one of the two but I'm not sure which one to get. COD2 is the new game and I'm sure it would be alright, but I played the BF2 demo and it was a blast. I've heard there have been alot of problems with BF2 and connecting and such so should I go with it anyways or go with COD2. Are they similar games or completely different?

Get both!! They're two great games. Are you looking for an online or offline experience? If you only want online, go for BF2 because that's pretty much all it is. There's bots, but they aren't all that fun. If you want an awesome single player campaign, get COD2. It also has online, but it's different from BF2.

Well, BF2 is more "fun" in that there are lots of maps and vehicles and stuff. If you plan on getting BF2, plan on waiting for about 5 hours for all of the patches to for the buggy game to download. Personally, I like COD2 as far as system resources and coding are concerned (it looks just as pretty as BF2, and it takes a lot less CPU time and RAM to run the game well). It's up to you, I've been a COD fan since the first one, so I'm a bit partial. I liked the older BF games, but they really messed up with BF2.

I liked COD2 but the multiplayer is just too rampant for me, even more so than the original COD. Its all run and gun with a little spawn camping thrown in. I would also suggest Day of Defeat Source, its kind of like COD but a bit more tactical.

I have both, and while the single player in CoD2 is great, it is way too short, and is lacking.

BF2 is a lot of fun if you join a good server with a bunch of people playing fairly, using teamwork, and helping each other out, which is why you should join a clan. Not to mention PoE2 coming out for it, which will be great, and fix a lot of the problems.

OK both are fun whe they work, but BF2 has this real bad habit of not working, then they finally got it to work good, not perfect but liek I was expecting at launch, then at the release of Special Forces they had a new patch, this new patch managed to screw up everything that they had fixed for me.

COD 2 on the otherhand has had zero patches and i have yet to see it crash on me..EVER.

I LOVED BF 1942 with the desert Combat Mod, thought COD was ok, but as it sits now, BF2 tends to piss me off more than the game is realyl worth, many have told me that "aww get special forces it helps alot and is great" So what, EA wants me to pay them for the rap that SHOULD have been in the origional game and to further help fix the screw up of a game they released.

Either way, good luck and PM me if you're interested in playing some BF2/COD 2 anytime with me/LoArmistead, I'll give you the Teamspeak ip :D