6800gt Vs. Quadro 1400

ir_cow

i was reading on tomshardware that the 1400 is accaully a 6800, 16pipes and all. i see benchmarks with 1400 getting 30fps in a Viewperf 7.1.1 3dmax section of the bench's and i did the same bench before i sold my 6800 and got 18fps. now can someone explain Please why i shouldnt just go out and get a $200 video card lose 10fps than go and get a "low-end" workstation card for $500.

iv seen the Quadro 4500 which is the same as the 7800 core the price diffrence is $1000! that doesnt make me want to get up and buy one of those. iv gone to nvidia website and nothing on that website says WHY these card do better and how much better it will perform. i know workstation cards arent for gaming but couldnt i just get a 7800 for $500 that matchs the performance of a 1400?

Tomshardware Benchmark Graph

help me out here guys i need some inlighting

edit//

yeah those graphs are old and saying 1400 is $800 where its now $500 or less. but they are using Dual Xeon 3.6ghz so it isnt so far off

umm: quadro 1400 = a massive mac truck

they can PULL alot of data. it can take massive renders and get them done in a quick amount of time, faster than a conventional gaming card.

7800gt = a ferrari, a lotus, or whatever your favorite exotic car is.

they're fast, and quick =)

afaik it's the architecture of the cards that differ, like a fx-57 and a xenon 3.6gz heh

gaming wise: they might perform similarly but when you get into big renderngs and such that's when ya reach for the big beastly workstation cards =)

rendering is on the CPu side i belive and what is shown on screen in video card.

iv had it lagg way down to the point where i couldnt even move the mouse to change the polygon count on a object. but is doesnt explain how much more i can put on screen for it to lag down. double, triple? 10x, 15x?