Sign in to follow this  
NinjaDude

2 Opticle Drives

i have a problem. i tried to install 2 opticle drive into my new computer but it will only read 1.. if i plug in 2 then it wont read any drive. if i only attach 1 then it read it... anyone got any suggestions?

jumpers. just like a hard disk, make sure one (the main one) is set to master, and make sure the second is set to slave on the cable.

for each ide ribbon, there can only be one master. try that out.

i have a problem. i tried to install 2 opticle drive into my new computer but it will only read 1.. if i plug in 2 then it wont read any drive. if i only attach 1 then it read it... anyone got any suggestions?

605860[/snapback]

ok... are you sure your using a Ata-100/133 cable? it was my problem before too because i was using a cheap cable that will only let my mobo see 1 drive at a time

Definitely sounds like a jumper problem. It shouldn't be a cable problem because optical drives are ATA33 anyways, although cables do go bad sometimes.

yep i'm with jumpers still - hence my post...but good to hear if our fellow occ members are able to help at all...let us know pal

id say jumpers 90% certainly, but i had similar problems with a pioneer dvd drive, finally found out it was pooched and returned it.