X64

gotdamojo06

I know at one point widows x64 was free, is it still free? or do i have to purchase it? if i do have to purchase it where could i get it for cheap?

I know at one point widows x64 was free, is it still free? or do i have to purchase it? if i do have to purchase it where could i get it for cheap?

605859[/snapback]

its was... during beta testing, but its not free... yes your going to have to buy that,

have you ever used it?

i dont want to go out and blow probably close to 200 bucks for something to suck and not like it i want to have some user input

i have read off the microsoft website that its good but other than that i havnt heard anyhting

have you ever used it?

i dont want to go out and blow probably close to 200 bucks for something to suck and not like it i want to have some user input

i have read off the microsoft website that its good but other than that i havnt heard anyhting

605868[/snapback]

lol never look at the manufactuers website cause there going to say its greatest thing in he world and buy it :smack::smack:

I used it on my A64 at one point, but there are so few apps that actually work on it, its buggy, and most drivers just plain suck... Don't buy it YET, maybe in the future when they get everything working right we'll upgrade, so no it isn't worth it

I use xp pro 64 and don't see much difference yet , if you really wnt it check for your drivers first , if that's all good check out edirect software they have it for $90 so at least it's cheaper to try I bought my copy at newegg when it came out but have bought xp pro and home from them and it's legit. hers the address

http://www.edirectsoftware.com/product_category.php?catID=71

oh yeah if you do get it don't forget antivirus I use Avast cause its free and no problems yet If you use something else make sure its 64 bit cause i installed ez arrmor at first and could not fix it without a full install . good luck! B:)

If you have xp pro already, I think you can upgrade that to xp pro 64 for free, or at least you used to be able to. Also, there really isn't a need to upgrade yet, there is very little support for xp pro 64 currently, but in a year or two I imagine it will be pretty nice.