Sign in to follow this  
akac

Intel Cpus

Intel Pentium 4 551 Prescott 800MHz FSB LGA 775 EM64T Processor Model BX80547PG3400EK - Retail

or

Intel Pentium 4 650 Prescott 800MHz FSB LGA 775 EM64T Processor Model BX80547PG3400F - Retail

what on would be better?

edit

ok i think this will be the system i get

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Shoppi...bmit=ChangeItem

i have watercooling that il pull of my old rig and put on this one

Edited by akac

you can't link to a shopping cart like that. shopping carts are stored for the individual user and/or cached on the accessing computer. Try newegg's "wishlist" feature. I believe that you can link to.

why won't you get a AMD cpu and a NF4 Sli board... Looks like you'lll be gaming with it anyways, You'll get more for less money and BTW, the prescotts run INSANELY hot.. my 3.4E not OCed on a huge copper hetsink at full load is at 75c :(

BTW: Nf4 Intell editions arn't exactly what you'd call "stable"

i do a lot of video editting gaming comes second so i would rather stick with intel, but the computer is still about a month away from being built so parts might change and i may go with amd but i never really have had a problem with the prescott. i have a 3.2 the one in my sig and its never gotten over 42c load im my rig. if i were to go with amd what would you suggest for processor and mb?

my 3.4E not OCed on a huge copper hetsink at full load is at 75c :(

606142[/snapback]

I highly doubt it really runs that hot. I would say most likely your sensor isn't reading right.

*back on topic* :D

akac, I would recommend you go with the P4 650 rather than the P4 551. The 650 has 2MB L2 cache vs. only 1MB on the 551 and the 650 operates at the same speed(3.4ghz) as the 551 but at a slightly lower voltage which is a plus if you plan to OC in the future.

I highly doubt it really runs that hot. I would say most likely your sensor isn't reading right.

*back on topic* :D

akac, I would recommend you go with the P4 650 rather than the P4 551. The 650 has 2MB L2 cache vs. only 1MB on the 551 and the 650 operates at the same speed(3.4ghz) as the 551 but at a slightly lower voltage which is a plus if you plan to OC in the future.

606327[/snapback]

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid: there ya go, he summed it up, AGAIN lol

off topic

it does, heres some proof :(:(

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Various...ott-t62492.html

i think im going to wait till the new 975x boards come out and pick up a 955ee to go with it. ive read that they can be overclocked to 4.26ghz and still have half way good temps. or just wait and get something with a 65nm core because the dont heat up as much as a prescott.