Sign in to follow this  
d3bruts1d

Trying To Decide On A New Monitor

my 930bf is bright nuff already, have it down to 60% brightness cuz it hurt my eyes

check out this mon. im using it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824179014

some of the things u want is to have it be able to adjust the screen, you pitch it foward

and backward you can raise and lower the screen height as well as rotate it 90 deg.

its awesome.

8ms refresh rate , the olny thing would sat neg. is it is a bit bright when you get it and has to be backed off a bit.

check out this mon. im using it  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824179014

some of the things u want is to have it be able to adjust the screen, you pitch it foward

and backward you can raise and lower the screen height as well as rotate it 90 deg.

its awesome.

8ms refresh rate , the olny thing would sat neg. is it is a bit bright when you get it and has to be backed off a bit.

606273[/snapback]

most LCD's are too bright at factory settings because they up the brightness for instore displays, and LCD's can generally get brighter than CRT's.

Well, I just ordered the 930BF-Black. :)

606975[/snapback]

nice choice. I had a Hyundai l90d 19" for about 3 months. It is a great lcd also.

i just bought the dell 24" widescreen. it rocks.

I don't have that particular monitor, but I can vouch for the quality of Samsung LCD's.  I have a 19" Samsung SyncMaster 914v which is "only" 12ms, and it's fantastic.  I have yet to see a clearer picture on any monitor I've checked out, and I've had no ghosting whatsoever in any of my games and no dead pixels, so you should have no problem with the 930bf (i dunno if I'd go for the 20ms 940t though).

I will never buy a CRT again....and won't let anyone I care about buy one either ;)

605828[/snapback]

I got the Samsung SyncMaster 914v for Christmas and when I plugged it in and installed everything I first realized my video card sucks, and when I came to this site i noticed that one of the blue sub-pixels was dead. I got it exchanged and so far it has been great, besides the fact my vid card can barley handle a 19" LCD monitor :P

Well, I just ordered the 930BF-Black. :)

606975[/snapback]

nice choice! You should be very happy with it :)

I got the Samsung SyncMaster 914v for Christmas and when I plugged it in and installed everything I first realized my video card sucks, and when I came to this site i noticed that one of the blue sub-pixels was dead.  I got it exchanged and so far it has been great, besides the fact my vid card can barley handle a 19" LCD monitor :P

606993[/snapback]

lol. At least you got it working though.

Download DeadPixelBuddy from here: http://www.laptopshowcase.co.uk/downloads.php?id=1

It's great. It'll make your screen all sorts of colors so you can be absolutely certain you have no dead pixels. I'm happy to report I passed with flying colors (pun intended ;)).

Ohhh man.... I just got it in and wow.... this thing is amazing.

I've checked it over using DPB, and so far I've found 0. :)

I think I've become a Samsung fanboi now. :P Sony was good.... but my CRT is dead.... time to move on! :P

Ohhh man.... I just got it in and wow.... this thing is amazing.

I've checked it over using DPB, and so far I've found 0. :)

I think I've become a Samsung fanboi now. :P Sony was good.... but my CRT is dead.... time to move on! :P

610081[/snapback]

Amen, amen! Time for the Samsung LCD Revolution! lol

glad you like it. congrats :)