Sign in to follow this  
flashystylez

Opteron 146 Cabye 0540...

Well the guy I am going to look into buying it from told me this:

"Its stable at 3.0 ghz 1.47 - 1.50 volt on air. On water, it will do 3.15. It takes 1.6 volts. Your setup sounds similar to mine. I'm now running the DFI Ultra D on my primary box on water cooling. The darn board still hits a wall at 315 FSB and the chip will go into windows at 3.2, but the board is unstable and gives me SuperPi errors at that speed. It may have the potential to go higher on water. I just got to figure-out what the issue is with the board. There are very few people out there with boards stable at >315 FSB so I'm not getting any good answers to my questions on any of the overclocker forums."

Here is a pic he hosted of the chip:

Click here

So 300 is a bit steep? but is it worth it?

EDIT: had to do a link, the pic was too big and made me scroll around to read what I typed.

Edited by flashystylez

mine sold for the equivalent of $400 and $470... but uk prices are higher obviously...

mine sold for the equivalent of $400 and $470... but uk prices are higher obviously...

605152[/snapback]

Yes i agree with you. Im probably going to get this one. I found out its almost impossible to get the CABNE 0528, unless you had a good $500.00 in your pocket. And even then, you might not get one. I guess I will live with this one. The CABYE 0540 FPMW is still a good overclocker from what I have read all over DFI street. And not to mention the godlike results you are getting hardnrg :). I think you should teach me what you know when I get my CABYE in! :)

Guest FxXP

2.8 to 3 GHz? Hmm, won't make a difference on 3DMark01 and 3DMark03 benchmarks. :P

so a CABYE FPWM would sell for a nice price? :D oh fxxp, your wrong about that :lol: and that little 200mhz increase made a diff for me in guild wars.

I think it's a bad idea to spend $300 on a no-refund chip that you have no clue about just for the potential to get 150mhz or so.

Well, I just bought the processor, he is shipping it out tomorrow. I will need your assistance hardnrg, i think you should teach me how to get mine to about where yours is! :)