Opteron 146 Cabye 0540...

Hey all,

I have the opportunity to get an Opteron 146 CABYE 0540. The guy selling it claims its 3.0 ghz ROCK STABLE @ 1.47V. I was just wondering if this is pretty much possible.. I dont want to drop 300.00 bux to find out its a bad stepping. Should I go with a 148 instead? It will be replacing my 4000+ sandy in my current rig, so the parts im using is in my sig.. I just dont know too much about this stepping and or week. I did some research and it seems that those CABYE 0540 chips hit at minimum 2.9, but thats where im almost at with my 4000. I just want to break the 3 ghz barrier, and this guy selling it offers no refunds.

Some thoughts and info would be greatly appreciated.

lol @ the wabba hardnrg :D btw if sandies and opterons are 100% identical then we would have been seeing for a long time 4000+ chips hitting 3ghz+ by now. and $300 for a opteron 146 is a bit too much and they are better than the 148 considering both hit the same high clocks on average.

DUDE ARE U THE GUY THAT WAS AT WHEMPYS??? SPAMINATOR? if u are i am that kid with the big green alienware...if not...sorry OCC for wasting your bandwith

605117[/snapback]

(edited due to rudeness, sry,)

i never heard about that particular stepping...