Sign in to follow this  
kage

Suggest A Budget Gaming Card

ok so me buying the 6800 NU fell thru.. i dont want to spend anything over a couple hundred.. preferably less.. i dont need anything really crazy just i need it to be able to acutaly run new games and not be sluggish.. i dont game for like days on end so i wont notice the benifits of a much higher end card

wedit:

how about the 6600gt or the 9800pro? their both pretty inexpencive cards... discuss :P

Edited by kage

how about the 6600gt or the 9800pro? their both pretty inexpencive cards... discuss :P

605618[/snapback]

6600gt would be my choice no questions asked. unless you got a real nice deal on the 9800pro, but not likely...

6600gt would be my choice no questions asked.  unless you got a real nice deal on the 9800pro, but not likely...

605649[/snapback]

agreed, the 9800 pros are a bit outdated and are about the same price as a 6600GT that performs better

agreed, the 9800 pros are a bit outdated and are about the same price as a 6600GT that performs better

605655[/snapback]

*slightly* better, and thats stock to stock - I can outbench most 6600gts with my air cooled 9800pro(3.5k 3dmark05). It all depends on the price difference - go with whichever one you can snag cheaper.They both can play just about everything out on at least medium settings.

*slightly* better, and thats stock to stock - I can outbench most 6600gts with my air cooled 9800pro(3.5k 3dmark05). It all depends on the price difference - go with whichever one you can snag cheaper.They both can play just about everything out on at least medium settings.

605674[/snapback]

lol, then again your 9800 pro is heaviliy modded with about every mod on it there is and the most insane cooling OCed to god knows what :P:P:P

Poor 9800 pro AIW :P:P:D

lol, then again your 9800 pro is heaviliy modded with about every mod on it there is and the most insane cooling OCed to god knows what :P

if its pci-e you want i have a 6800 used about 2 months, pm me with any offer, pics, questions.

(edit, sorry mine is pci-e)

Edited by TRex