Monitor Painting Success

Just wanted to show off my freshly painted monitor to you guys. I skimmed through denacopoleiz guide to his monitor paint job and decided to do this as well. I painted it to match my case.

Here is how it looked before, not the exact monitor but same brand and color, I forgot to take a pic before I started.

monitormod0028ar.th.jpg

Here are a couple after shots:

post-742-0-21227400-1340288253_thumb.jpg

post-742-0-15815500-1340299930_thumb.jpg

I wish the pictures showed up better, I am really proud of how it turned out.

I used Krylon spray paint, actually the same brand I believe denacopoliez used in his thread about monitor painting. It took me 1.5 cans of gloss black and 1 can of clear coat. Approximate cost of $10.

As far as tips go, they would be about the same as in the aformentioned guide:

1. Be very careful with the monitor, it is delicate and there are parts in there that can kill you.

2. Several thin coats is much nicer than a couple thick coats. You will appreciate the exercise in patience.

3. Take time to enjoy what you are doing, have fun!

I would get some fine sandpaper and sand it down a little, and then put one more little coat on it. The last pic makes it look like it is not smooth.

604133[/snapback]

Like I said, I wish the pictures came out better. It is very smooth, the only texturing is the result of the monitor case itself.

Nice job, only thing I dont like is the shine to it.  But your paint job is fantastic.

604138[/snapback]

Thank you. It really doesn't look as shiny as the flash makes it look. The black is just so dark that the only shinyness you can see is a bit of a gleam in the corners or side.

I thought about doing a matte finish, but then I thought about fingerprints and how difficult it is to clean a matte finish, so I decided to go with a gloss finish.