What Computer Magazine's To Get!

rh535

I am going to be getting to get a new magazine subscription and i was wondering what computer magazines you like? I would like to have a lot of how-to's.

I already have Computer Shopper

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My co-workers get Maximum PC. I read a few issues last week and it looked pretty cool.

The only problem with hardware enthusiast magazines, is that you're going to be re-reading a lot of the same material you found on the internet the month before, except this time you pay for it.

I think i am going with PC World. Does that have alot of how-to's?

603968[/snapback]

Err, if you like basic stuff... Besides, all of their articles are available online anyways. Just look up the stuff that interests you. PCW really isn't geared toward people that know what OCing is and how to do it (i.e. high knowledge level). After a year's worth of PCW, I think it's more of a beginner-intermediate level thing.

Personally, I like Maximum PC and Wired. The problem with Maximum PC is having a third of the magazine be stuff you saw online weeks ago (but that applies to nearly every mag). It's also pretty general (which could be good or bad). They have everything from video editing to class action lawsuits against companies to optical drive reviews. I think it's worth the $12 for a year. I'd get Computer Gaming Monthly too, but I'm too lazy.

Or you could be like me and get 9 magazine subscriptions because you need to use accumulated airline miles and not read half of them (CFO, BusinessWeek, Entrepeneur.... :lol:)

Maximum PC and sometimes CPU magazine. Maximum PC is my favorite, and they are also which I like not affraid to fix and admit their mistakes, and talk about them in the next issure. They also 2 or 3 times a year put out a special magazine of nothing but how-tos.