Pny 6200 256 Agp

Amd 64 3700+

500 Power supply

2x1024 xms corsair memory

so here is where I am at..

CPU

FSB=254x11=2.794

Cpu V = 1.55

hTT AT 3X SO i GOT A whopping 762 (or 1524)

Memory

210 (420)

V= 2.5 (default)

I am looking for resources on memory.. SO I begin to tweek that better especial on changing timings.. whether that is possible I think my memory is cas 3.. and I don't know what to change.. or just tweek the fsb for the ram? I have to play withthe multiplier more also on the cpu . What I found in bios (and this is an assumption) as the multiplier went down.. next to the choice there was a number that decreased with multiplier I am under the assumption it is the total of fsb?? So it looked like this...

11 (2200)

10(2000)

9 (1800)

and so on until 5...

So I assume my multiplier has to fall within this number scale also.. SO I have to do some math and tweeak.. Well peace.. thanx all for the help and hopefully this he;lps someone..

How are you saying that your HTT is at 1524? Right now your HTT is only running on 762 Mhz out of the 1000 Mhz it is capable of. I would try decreasing the multiplier to x10, increasing the HTT around 280 - 300, and running that same HTT Multiplier which makes:

CPU 280 x 10 = 2.8 Ghz

HTT Multiplier x3 = 280x3 = 840

Memory = (whatever divider you put on it)

This would help you quiet a bit because usually a smaller multiplier can get you a higher OC.

If you don't want to screw with all your settings, hit that FSB down to 250 and increase the HTT Multiplier to x4. It would run faster that way then what you are running at now....

How are you saying that your HTT is at 1524? Right now your HTT is only running on 762 Mhz out of the 1000 Mhz it is capable of. I would try decreasing the multiplier to x10, increasing the HTT around 280 - 300, and running that same HTT Multiplier which makes:

CPU 280 x 10 = 2.8 Ghz

HTT Multiplier x3 = 280x3 = 840

Memory = (whatever divider you put on it)

This would help you quiet a bit because usually a smaller multiplier can get you a higher OC.

If you don't want to screw with all your settings, hit that FSB down to 250 and increase the HTT Multiplier to x4. It would run faster that way then what you are running at now....

603811[/snapback]

under the assumption that everything is a multiplier..

I could be wrong.. Thank you tho I will try that out..

603811[/snapback]

No that will NOT help him run faster. The HT bus speed has VERY little performance hit by dropping to ~600, heck it took dropping it to 2x with stock everthing else to get any noticable performance hit. As for dropping the multipler to get divided ram speed up/higher HTT in general that IS a good idea.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=43547

GA-K8NS-939 there, it's nearly identical to your board so good luck, dont think you'll hit 318htt with the full multiplier of the chip, and I dont run 318 everyday on that board (partialy bc ive moved the CPU to my main rig and the winchester to the LAN rig) but getting 290ish out of it should be no problem.

As for ram, i know that when I run a divider with this board and auto mem timings it auto tightens them for me and well that obviously doesnt help (unless I was runnign stock speed).

Anyway good luck on your OC adventure (btw above CPU-Z is with air cooling :D).

OK new set thast seems to be running stable...

1.55 v

311.6 x 9 = 2804.8

htt 311 x3

memory 205ish?

gonna ru prime and move from there..

What should be my max voltage on this thing?? Um and occing the memory.. Should I up voltage for stability? will I blow these things? Or should I just try rasing bandwith and leave timings alone.. I got 2.5 3 3 5 with low bandwith...??

Edited by fumduck