Nforce Four Chipset Temps

Tirian-64

sorry if its a double post, i couldnt find one specific to this

ok, i have an msi k8n neo 4 platinum, and its had no probs other then this little stutter, now, im told that it could be due to the nforce four chipsets temperatures, and sofar i have not been able to find a max temp, at the moment of this typing its running 36C via corecell probe. is that too high?? my 7800GTX is covering part of that tinny fan, so that might be a prob, and even more so cause i cant cool it with anything else -_- any ideas?

Those temps are absolutely fine. For comparison purposes I have seen chipset temps as high as 60C on some DFI NF4 mobos. If you want to you could replace the stock thermal pad/paste with some AS5 or Ceramique to lower the temps a few degrees, or you could look into some aftermarket cooling. For load temps, my favorite program to use to test for load temps is ATITool's artifact scanner (works on Nvidia cards too).

Those temps are absolutely fine. For comparison purposes I have seen chipset temps as high as 60C on some DFI NF4 mobos. If you want to you could replace the stock thermal pad/paste with some AS5 or Ceramique to lower the temps a few degrees, or you could look into some aftermarket cooling. For load temps, my favorite program to use to test for load temps is ATITool's artifact scanner (works on Nvidia cards too).

603796[/snapback]

Thats good to know, now I won't be posting my own "worried about NF4 board chipset temps" thread.

• 2 weeks later...

it happens no matter where i am, listening to music or anything, im betting its related to sound cause without it, there is no stutter, but i have tried all the other drivers

its an AMD64 3200+ winchester

1 gb corsair xms ram

msi k8n neo 4 plat

evga 7800GTX

well, i though about the drivers, and was gonna see if their was an update, no go to that, but i just cant help but wonder what the prob is, oh well, gives me an excuse to get a lanparty!! but i saw something about a dell quad sli rig. now i want one..... but not dell

Edited by Tirian-64