Sign in to follow this  
flashystylez

Amd Opteron 148

I hope that I posted this in the correct place..

Anyway, I am looking for the CABNE 0528 stepping opteron 148, and I cant find any e-tailers that can actually pick one out. Everywhere I call, I get the "we sell so many, we dont pick any by hand" routine. Does anyone know where or how to get one with this stepping??? any retailers? I know they are harder to find due to not making them anymore, but Im so lost...

I heard they are by far the best in overclocking, as I am on the lookout for one.

Anyone have any real life experiences with this particular chip??

Any help would be appreciated greatly, thanks!

I hope that I posted this in the correct place..

Anyway, I am looking for the CABNE 0528 stepping opteron 148, and I cant find any e-tailers that can actually pick one out. Everywhere I call, I get the "we sell so many, we dont pick any by hand" routine. Does anyone know where or how to get one with this stepping??? any retailers? I know they are harder to find due to not making them anymore, but Im so lost...

I heard they are by far the best in overclocking, as I am on the lookout for one.

Anyone have any real life experiences with this particular chip??

Any help would be appreciated greatly, thanks!

603719[/snapback]

ebay, uhhh other than that i dunno

Tho allthe sckt 939 opterons hit 2.9ghz easy, so is it really worth it for an extra 100 mhz?

try monarch computers, try to ask to speak to one of the system builders, maybe you will get one that doesnt mind picking one out for you

i would say out of any retailer/etailer, Monarch would be the one to do it

i live locally to them so i could go there in person and try to let them let me pick one out

try monarch computers, try to ask to speak to one of the system builders, maybe you will get one that doesnt mind picking one out for you

i would say out of any retailer/etailer, Monarch would be the one to do it

i live locally to them so i could go there in person and try to let them let me pick one out

603742[/snapback]

Wow, that would be great, if you would/could pick one of them out for me, ill give you 25 bux for your time! *and the cost of the chip and shipping of course*

Let me know, thanks.

Edited by flashystylez

the chances of you getting a cabne 0528/0530 are VERY slim now... you'd probably have to PAY someone to find one for you, or buy one off someone in a forum who has one/some... (find somewhere that no-one knows, is really hard to find on the net, and has low turnover... they might have "old" stock, ie. week 28/30)

cabye 0540's are a very close second of course, and there seemed to be a lot more of them... people are still selling them... and some people are still getting them as oem versions...

a few people have the cabne 0528/0530 here at occ, take a look at the results:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Opteron...ual-t59908.html

with efficient cooling and some overclocking balls, you can get them to oc a lot...