Logo For My Computer Business

martymcfly

Well, I don't want to place too much importance on it, but I think a company logo is something that needs alot of time and consideration put into it.

Its needs to embody what your company is about in a neat visual package.

I don't want to sound overly critical, but I do look at that and my first reaction isn't a good one.

I would personally suggest going backwards a step if you are serious about this. Did this logo come about from a large pool of ideas?

Get yourself a sketch pad and come up with some key words (you know, what qualties you want to embody etc..).

Then do lots and lots of sketching.. don't restrict yourself by going straight into working on screen, it makes things more difficult.

/rant over

Sorry to be so negative.. but you want an honest opinion don't you?

There are some things in there that I could see working, but they just need more thought and refinement put into them :)

logo is too busy.. hurts the eyes of us old folk!

and Jammin is correct...

corporations spend MILLIONS on there logos and the choice of colors...

its a big deal...

point in case... I fly RC planes... the maker of the radio I use used to have a green logo... they recently changed to orange....

this was a million dollar change...

little things mean quite a bit

Okay, no offense, but I think it looks like utter crap. The colors make me want to throw up, first off. Secondly, you say you like the part on the left? I dunno why because it's not that difficult to do. All you need is equi-distant points, like graph paper, and a 10 yr old can do it (i know i used to at 10). So seeing as it's not that impressive, and has absolutely nothing to do with your company, it shouldn't be there.

As for the dots, making it resemble a chip isn't horrible, I can see why you'd do it, but as others have said, it strains the eyes, something you definitely do NOT want for a logo. The "GPM" itself is also too busy for letters (besideswhich, is that an original design for the text? If not, you'd have to check with the creator to see if you're allowed to use it for commercial use).

Lastly, and this sort of ties in everything from the text problem to the dots, for the most part, logos should be scalable. How often are you going to need a logo that's 800x800? Shrink it down to some acceptable sizes and it doesn't look very clear at all.

I'm sorry I'm coming off a little harsh, but it's for your benefit. A logo defines your company. It's supposed to attract customers and it's supposed to be memorable (for the RIGHT reasons).

Here's a logo I had created for a company we semi-started for our entrepreneurship class my senior year:

IMG_0245.JPG

Simple design, clean look, attractive colors, very scalable.

My advice: don't try and do too much. It's a company logo, not mural.