R.i.p. James Dungy

ClayMeow

http://www.colts.com/

wow, I couldn't believe it when I saw it on every single yahoo team page. He was only 18 and the cause is yet unknown.

Sorry for you Seattle fan's because Peyton's gonna rip on you this weekend.

This is too bad! I guess Dungy will just have to win the super bowl and dedicate it to him. :)

They were saying on espn that it was an apparant suicide. Why in the world the son of an NFL coach worh millions would commit suicide I have no clue. :wacko:

This is too bad! I guess Dungy will just have to win the super bowl and dedicate it to him. :)

They were saying on espn that it was an apparant suicide. Why in the world the son of an NFL coach worh millions would commit suicide I have no clue. :wacko:

603220[/snapback]

really, they said that? (i've been out all night, so haven't been able to watch). From what I read the cause was unknown and there wasn't any signs of foul play. The girlfriend just walked in and saw he wasn't breathing. shrug.

(PS. I'm ashamed of OCCers that there's been only 1 reply since I posted this. I know there are football fans out there, and regardless, this deserves more attention than whether one can OC their opteron to 3GHz :P).

yup ESPN just came out with that a few minutes ago :( it makes no sense at all.

while not a colts fan, I do have a lot of respect for coach dungy as a human being. and now that he's lost something that he can never get back... I'm truely saddened by it.

yup ESPN just came out with that a few minutes ago :(  it makes no sense at all. 

while not a colts fan, I do have a lot of respect for coach dungy as a human being.  and now that he's lost something that he can never get back...  I'm truely saddened by it.

603415[/snapback]

I completely agree. I'm not a colts fan either, but I completely respect the team and what they've accomplished, and respect dungy as a coach (one of the best there is). I was just truly in shock when I first read it...just so sudden, and so young.

Well, if my Cowboys don't make it this year, I'll be rooting for the Colts.

Well, if my Cowboys don't make it this year, I'll be rooting for the Colts.

603428[/snapback]

Well I was surprised to hear what happened to his son. I am doubtful he is going ot be back this year. He might.

Clay I think you need to start being a COlts fan because your Cowboys ain't going to make it. :D