What Would Be A Safe Max Temp?

wootas

As some of you may have seen I'm working on overclocking my new 148 opteron. I was running 3003 mhz at 273 x 11 with 1.56 v core and it was perfectly stable in occt and super pi but when I started up prime 95 to go for 24 hours it stopped because of an error after about 5 - 10 minutes on small ftt's. I raised the htt to 300 and dropped the divider to 10, making 3000 mhz, and raise the vcore, which is now at 1.62. I'm water cooled and running full load I'm getting temps of 44 cpu 44 pwm ic and 44 chipset. It's been running prime just fine now for almost an hour. I was just wondering if this will be a safe v core although a bit high, and what I could try to get it lower and keep a 3000+ mhz 24 hour prime stable clock. Thanks.

you should put your specs in your sig... i'm pretty sure the dfi nf4 overvolts almost severely (~+0.1v) so if you have that board, maybe wanna take that into consideration...

erm, that maxtcase thing should give you a rough idea... things started to get a little unstable around 50

ha, that explains why whenever i forgot to turn fan speeds up while playing doom3, cpu temp skyrockets from 36 to 67 =P and lag like craazzzzyyy

44 is definately good cpu and sys

i say, dont worry about voltage as long as you have the cooling to back it up

i did a vcore and a vdimm not too long ago and im still running stable

Edited by trey

I am stil using the traditional Fan cooling. IMO when the CPU Temp get up close to 70c, IT"S time to SHUT DOWN !!!. Though this has never happened to me as my Temp for my system or CPU DOES NOT break 40c under FULL load (eg; Doom 3, or FarCry). I guess it's the advantages of living in a Naturally cold part of the USA.

But to directly comment on the subject; Is 44c considered "normal" for W/C? If so I am sticking with Forced Air :closedeyes:

Edited by Psycho_Active