Your Rights With Software

Kamikaze_Badger

I disagree with several of the above posters...

most people DO NOT understand the EULA and their "rights" when it comes to software...

since this is pinned...

please keep posts relevant...

I've already deleted a couple posts that were immature and childish comments....

please keep it on track

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. You may not tell others about how the software performs without the prior written approval of Microsoft. This is most likely to protect marketing and usaeg.

That sounds kinda odd. But from reading this it basicly means that your renting the software and you can't change, copy it or talk about it to others. Right?

This point is so hard to explain to my clients when they ask why I can't install software on multiple computers unless it says it has a multiple license. Licenses are very misundersrtood by the general PC user. Some think that I am ripping them off by making them by one disc for each PC. I mark software down so low, I don't make anything off of it anyway; my money is in labor.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, since someone already brought this back, "2. You may not tell others about how the software performs without the prior written approval of Microsoft. This is most likely to protect marketing and usaeg." So this means that we all have to stop saying how horrible vista is?

Well, since someone already brought this back, "2. You may not tell others about how the software performs without the prior written approval of Microsoft. This is most likely to protect marketing and usaeg." So this means that we all have to stop saying how horrible vista is?

Ok I will not say vista is sorry :P I have not even seen vista yet, I have no idea what it looks like so I can not say its sorry...