Seagate Buys Maxtor

cold_snipe

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dangit, I was gonna make a thread on this when I saw it before I left for my exam. Another wasted opportunity....... :P

Hey, maybe we can start recommending Maxtor drives to people once Seagate's engineers get their hands on the brand

dangit, I was gonna make a thread on this when I saw it before I left for my exam. Another wasted opportunity....... :P

Hey, maybe we can start recommending Maxtor drives to people once Seagate's engineers get their hands on the brand

602308[/snapback]

:D

Yea, I love Seagate but have never used Maxtor, so I dont really know.. My Seagates have never failed on me tho, nor has Quantum with its fireball (ooold drive :D ) :P

iv got a couple quantum fireballs around..... (i think one is in one of the servers)

well i haev had nothign but rotten luck iwth Maxtor, and everyone i know has as well, so iv neverbought a mxtor, only Seagate, and a couple WD'

s

god, you guys are such pathetic fanboys it's not even funny.

I've never owned a seagate drive (actually I can't remember what one of my drives is).

I've owned plenty of WD and Maxtor drives (still do).

ZERO, ZILCH, NADA have given me problems.

So quit your whining just because you've had bad luck.

god, you guys are such pathetic fanboys it's not even funny.

I've never owned a seagate drive (actually I can't remember what one of my drives is).

I've owned plenty of WD and Maxtor drives (still do).

ZERO, ZILCH, NADA have given me problems.

So quit your whining just because you've had bad luck.

602414[/snapback]

well ov course we are going to stick to what we knwo is GOOD, i have had problems with maxtor, thats why i tend to stayaway from them. also peopel that i know have had problems with Maxtor, so they get 2 black amrks in my book. And that does not Classifyu me as a "Fan Boy" i just feel safer with seagates.

Seriously what is with all the maxtor bashing? Its been the opposite for me, iv heard tons of terrible stuff about seagate and good stuff about maxtor. Iv had quite a few maxtors and NONE of them have ever given me problems.

602426[/snapback]

same with me, i have a 5 year old 20 gig maxtor thats been going, and still going in my main rig

on the other hand i have 2 segates, both sata that quit on me

Tho i'm not pleased about the buying, less competition between HD manufacturers mean higher prices

I had good luck with older Maxtor stuff but nothing newer. I don't what they did but they were not the same that they once were.

Hopefully the company can get better but Maxtor only had 10% compared to a few years back I think they were where seagate is now