New System. Need Input!

kirky_D

Hi all!

Building a new computer in the new year. I just thought i'd come here and ask you all if there are any weaknesses in the system, or perhaps a better option on some components.

Here's the rig:

AMD Athlon 64 (ADA3700BNBOX) 3700 Skt 939 San Diego (stock heatsink for now)

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D SKT939 DDR400 PCI-E SLI ATX

OCZ Premier Dual Channel Kit 2x512MB DDR400 PC3200 CL 2.5-3-3-7

Connect 3D X800GTO 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E DVI VIVO

Maxtor Diamond Max 10 200GB 7200RPM SATA 8MB Cache

Antec TrueControl 550w PSU with 5.25ins drive bay control panel

NEC ND-4550 16x DVD

Edited by kirky_D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i would get a 7800gtx cuz ur payin for SLI to be on ur mobo u may as well usit, and even if u dont have enough money for 2 7800's ull haveroom for expansion latteron. and the hard drive is okay, i had a Maxtor and have never had a problem with it but other people had....if u can afford it, get a western digital for proformance or a samsung for quitness. both proform very well.

other then that, it looks like a good build!!! post ur results

Guest Raven65

you said video editing. I'd get an x2 otherwise the system looks good. you might want to get an nvidia video card for sli though.

He didn't mention anything about going SLI. But it still can be done its just a little more difficult because the epoxy covering the contacts was applied thicker now. Not a bad setup there. Its pretty similar to what i have and its been a joy to play with. If you can get your 3700 to 2.7 or 2.8 you will be suprised at the performance.