Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ham Cake

Did I Miss Something

Well, I grabbed my unwrapped opteron and replaced it with my old Dell CPU, they won't know the difference, lol So I'm reformatting and all the good stuff and I get to the BIOS looking for all the options, and I find all but one..... I can't find the Muiltplier, So i'm like okay, thats cool whatever, maybe I'm just missing something, So i do some googling and find the 6100-M9 does not have the muiltplier, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!. The 6100-939 does, the big brother. So My dream of overclocking has now been crashed by my lack of research. Anyone have any idea if I can get around this, What would be the stock multipler for my opteron, maybe I could just increase the FSB and set a ram divider. I think have that option because I can increase the FSB and the ram frequeincy, so in theroy, wouldn't that be a ram divider? Or maybe there is a way to unlock that option through a BIOS flash? Any help would be helpful. Plz try not to flame me too hard.... :(:blush::O

BTW: I'm not sure which place this goes in, Processors, Motherboard, or Overclocking so any mod can move it.

Guest Raven65

what I don't understand is this, you took out the oppy and put in a dell cpu? Dell doesn't have AMD.

No, my parents had got me an opty for xmas, but I wanted to play with it now, so i got my Dell cpu and put in the AMD box(oem). Parents won't know the difference since a sticker is blocking the ISH and crap.

Which Opteron did you get? Only reason I see for wanting to change the multiplier would be to go down and increase HTT, but then you would need really good RAM to achieve a 1:1 ratio. I honestly don't see the problem. Just tweak the settings to get the HTT as high as you can at a 1:1 ratio and then use a RAM divider if your memory sucks. So you can't change the multiplier. What's the big deal?

Which Opteron did you get? Only reason I see for wanting to change the multiplier would be to go down and increase HTT, but then you would need really good RAM to achieve a 1:1 ratio. I honestly don't see the problem. Just tweak the settings to get the HTT as high as you can at a 1:1 ratio and then use a RAM divider if your memory sucks. So you can't change the multiplier. What's the big deal?

602004[/snapback]

I got the 148 CabyE 0542

Ya I did what you said to do before I saw thius post because I wouldn't really need the 10x if I already had 11x. So I got a very stable of 2.82 with five hours of OCCT torture(I stopped at 5) and 32 min of SuperPi. All this with one a .05 Vcore on Stock, not bad for my very first CPU overclock. I have very loose timings and slow ram speed, I'm try to find highest CPU clock and then Ram highest clock.

be sure to post some screenshots up of your progress over at the Opteron OC Competition thread (Overclocking or CPU forum, i forget which lol)

also if you can give the full stepping (e.g. 148 CABYE 0542FPMW) and the MaxTCase value (google: maxtcase) then that helps with the full info on the oc results :)

looking good so far... oh yeah, and have cpu-z in your screenshots so i know what the oc is :)

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=58326

What screen shot program do you use when proving OCs?

Ya i know the ram is really slow, I'm still working on the timings. Plus it doesn't help that I don't know how to enable dual channel.

602464[/snapback]

Ouch, 204mhz 3-3-3-8 is sad to see on that RAM. With that ram divider set you should not need to change the timings from auto/spd, and just up the volts a little to the ram :)