Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze_Badger

Self-defense Methods

pepper spray is NOT as effective as you'd think. it's also very easily turned on the user or worse yet fired off in an enclosed room... very nasty to everyone involved. that is assuming the intended target of the peper spray is even effected by it (seen guys hardly phased by it what so ever).

tazers require batteries, and can also be turned on the user. draw back there.

guns require you can HIT yoru target, remember the safety, load the weapon, maintain the weapon, and of course don't have it turned on you. also have that whole issue of 'are you ready to take this person's life' going on.

a knife? oh that's a totally ineffective weapon in the hands of most peple out there. I know this :) I've taken a knife away from a guy who wanted my wallet. he learned the hard way why it doesn't pay to use a knife if you don't know how. he's just lucky that it didn't end up stuck in his own gut. of course he did spend some time in the ER, and therapy relearning how to write his own name (see how well aikido can work if propperly taught?)

un armed combat can be one of the most reliable things you can imagine. it's impossible to turn that against you and you have total control over the lethality of it.

your own body can be turned against you sometimes. i can remember the days of hearing "Stop hitting yourself...Stop hitting yourself...Stop hitting yourself" lol :P

A bullet to the head works wonders.

604060[/snapback]

why did that thread get closed anyways...

well i'm guessing you don't need the advice, unless your willing to learn yourself :P

if she knows anyone in the marines ask them about the hit that will cause the person to pass out, basically instantly lol, one of my friends taught me this and would be kinda hard to explain over the internet

A bullet to the head works wonders.

604060[/snapback]

What does that mean. Your friend killed someone???