Sign in to follow this  
airman

Just Bought Something Off Of Ebay...

Why only the blue ones? I mean, the mixed colors would have been better. But anywho, i say get a peice of plexiglass and space the LEDs about 1/2 inch apart in a pattern (any pattern) and light it up. Make sure to wear some welders goggles though. No one likes burned retnas. Man, talk about the ultimate night light. Oh ya, wiring LEDs isnt' that hard. Just gotta make sure you get enough power to them. FOr that, i am not sure how much power.

Guest Raven65

Thas a rot of LED'd, and just in time for Christmas. Light up your tree!

Find a pack of 100 resistors and have fun :D.

601705[/snapback]

you actually only need one resistor for a bunch of leds... probably only up to about 30 on one resistor tho...

R (single led) = (Vs - Vf) / I

R (multiple leds) = R (single led) / number of leds

then you hook them up like this:

led0hu.gif

okay so kobalt if these have voltage needs of ~3.6-3.9v or something like that...which resitor would i need for 'em if i hook them up to my 5v connection?

err....i don't know what the desired LED current would be....i checked on the EBAY page and it only has the "target" voltage or w/e...

First off, you wuss! Only 100 when they had lots of 1000?!

lol, j/k

i think you need to make some blue led underwear, use them ALL, and then run around at night, maybe in a black ninja suit, but with the blue led underwear on the outside... like a superhero!

and all anyone will see is a floating pair of underpants flying around the neighbourhood...

601668[/snapback]

^---do that. That'd be awesome. And have a friend videotape you and upload it so we can see it :)

Or if you're too shy, attach one led for every resistor on your mobo, then use one of those programs to sync it up to your audio so your whole case goes bonkers when you play music :)

err....i don't know what the desired LED current would be....i checked on the EBAY page and  it only has the "target" voltage or w/e...

606444[/snapback]

pretty much all 5mm led's are rated at 20mA for the light output and have a 30mA max current... base your calculations on 20mA... it's not like they're noticeably brighter at 30mA...

Or if you're too shy, attach one led for every resistor on your mobo, then use one of those programs to sync it up to your audio so your whole case goes bonkers when you play music :)

606453[/snapback]

mmmm there's a thought....but i'm confused about the part: "one led for every resistor on your mobo"...

care to expand? =D

and...also...on that calculator thing: the "voltage drop across LED"...if i need it to have ~3.6v and i use my 5v connection i would put in 1.4? j/w if i'm doin this right =P

Edited by airman