Sign in to follow this  
fatsheep

Monitor For X-mas (suggestions?)

I'm looking for a new LCD monitor for X-mas. I'm looking for a monitor roughly in the $200-$300 price range, possibly a little more, preferably a 19". Monitors are not my area of expertise so I'm in need of some tips and advice. Thanks.

-sheep

Edited by fatsheep

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1124432188134

^-Samsung SyncMaster 914v for $230 after rebates. I have one and love it. Gaming is smooth, picture is crystal clear, and zero dead pixels.

There may be better out there for your price range though, so look around. I just don't have to time to search myself, but I remembered seeing it advertised in the bestbuy circular this past weekend. I got mine for $200 after rebates from Staples on Black Friday.

i got my Insignia Solutions monitor for 150$ with 60$ rebate. Its a 19" CRT. I dont see any problems with it at all. Its fantastic. :P

i got my Insignia Solutions monitor for 150$ with 60$ rebate. Its a 19" CRT. I dont see any problems with it at all. Its fantastic. :P

601484[/snapback]

Hey dice, read: "I'm looking for a new LCD monitor for X-mas." :P :P :rolleyes:

LCD's are good for gaming nowadays as long as you get response times lesser than 16ms. Here are two that fall within your price range but does not include tax and shipping

Viewsonic VA902b Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor

BenQ FP91G+ Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor

A friend of mine has the second and he loves it. BF2 looks good as well.

Let us know what you decide to get :)

:D Nice find, they both look really nice, I just started having problems with my computer but after I figure those out I'll be sure to get one of these. Can't wait to dump my 75 pound CRT! :P

-sheep

How about this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824205006

??

-sheep

602212[/snapback]

word of advice: don't base your decision on price.

Stick to Samsung, ViewSonic, or LG (sony, dell and apple are good too, but generally cost more, so aren't worth it).

As gremlin said, look for 16ms or less (i have 12ms and it's great). Brightness levels probably doesn't matter much as LCD's get much brighter than CRT's and are generally brighter than you'll ever want to go. Contrast ratio, probably 500:1 or greater, IMO. And preferably one that's a 5:4 ratio, as that's what 1280x1024 resolution is, not 4:3.