Sign in to follow this  
Uber

Opterons

ok well after reading (and seeing) how well teh opterons are overclocking, i think ill spring for one, seeing as how they are being discontinued as well. what would the best style to get for overclockign be? i would pair it with either my SLI-DR or an Expert.... and if i get one i might spring for some Watercooling, or god noes maybe a Phase sytem...

so whats the main difference between teh 146-180's?

i have seen crasy OC's out of teh 146's and some other crasys form the 170's... the main difference that i am noticing is that the stock clock rates are diffrent....

on a DFI NF4 board i really don't think there is much if any difference between the 146/170 and there higher multi counterparts because high htt isn't really a problem...

ok well after reading (and seeing) how well teh opterons are overclocking, i think ill spring for one, seeing as how they are being discontinued as well.  what would the best style to get for overclockign be?  i would pair it with either my SLI-DR or an Expert....  and if i get one i might spring for some Watercooling, or god noes maybe a Phase sytem...

so whats the main difference between teh 146-180's?

i have seen crasy OC's out of teh 146's and some other crasys form the 170's... the main difference that i am noticing is that the stock clock rates are diffrent....

601214[/snapback]

I think You would be good getting a 148, a bigger multi whcih means, in some cases, and easier oc without ram divider. It has a 10x multi right? and 146 has 9? correct me if i'm wrong. The monarch oem 148s are mostly CAB2E(i think thats right) but I ended up getting a CAYBE 0542. Good luck

well i can get a 146 locally for pretty cheep i think, so i might jsut get one of those, and pair it with some mushkin and see where ti takes me.

well i can get a 146 locally for pretty cheep i think, so i might jsut get one of those, and pair it with some mushkin and see where ti takes me.

601265[/snapback]

well tell us how it goes and post ur specs.....hopefully ill be able to get my hands on a 148 after christmas....then i will be the airking!!! :ph34r:

it wont make a diff between the boards unless you MUST run settings like @ 1-2-2-5. anyways i got my board @ 3x ht so i should be able to run it @ 4x since i got 300x htt? or still wont be stable? eh

well i think i woudl like to have the 146, with the 10x multy. so ill see what i can do about getting one for cheep, then maybe a Expert, and some OCZ ram for it....

opty = .. get it and make a cheychain out of your perfectly good 3700+ :)

601264[/snapback]

dude... you're gonna drop a couple hundred to replace your chip with something that is... well.. exactly the same chip.. NO difference AT ALL, except the name??

You know that Sand Diego's and Opterons are the same right?