Sign in to follow this  
bass_freak

Xpvsp4

I would like to see the AMD XP 2000 agianst the P4 2000mhz, I don't see how they can be the same as they have much diffrent clock speeds (or maybe the 1600XP vs P4 1.6 to save some cash or something)

LOL :), I just can't belive that AMD can make a proccer 500mhz slower run the same as the P4. I think it is just them making sceem for more sales for less buck.

Well its true.. I have seen some head 2 head benchmarks of like the P4 and AMD XP 1900+ and the AMD chip beat the P4 2ghz chip in like everything but memory benchmarks and a like a multimedia benchmark..

Guest FreakyDrOverclock

amd is even better

athlon 2000+(@1666!!! ) is equal to the p4 2200....with 533 mhz lower! (at least when compiling a linux-kernel[look here])

athlon is still in the 18

well i might be a little late on this reply but i have done a bench test with a p4 1.4 and a athlon 1600+ (1.4 ghz) and the amd out preformed and had better stablity than the intel by a long way.  The amd was just getting more cycles per second than the intel and was smoking past it.

you should have used an intel 1.6, as amds 1600 (thus the name) is suppose to run equal to or better then it. It does seem to work rather well compared to it.

ya, they are slow but the P4 should have been a little more stable, and run a lot cooler, the P4 1.6 should have come about even with it.

what kind of results, we all know it kicked the intel chips ars but by how much, and did intel make it higher in anything?