Sign in to follow this  
Jacket

Xfx 7800gt

Maybe no one has any experience with this card in particular, but does anyone have any general experience with XFX? I'm trying to piece together a computer to get AFTER the holidays and this card looks pretty good to me (I refuse to go with eVGA because of some very bad experiences I've had with them)

XFX Geforce 7800GT

Thanks!

edit: I'm considering an MSI K8N SLI-F, so should I go with the MSI Geforce 7800 GT instead?

Edited by Jacket

XFX and eVGA is the brands id go for... using GTX is better if you can afford it..

600898[/snapback]

brands dont matter imo, price does.

I would get the Xfx because it has a gpu that is 50mhz faster then the msi one and the memory is 50mhz faster then the msi one.

I have both the MSI and XFX 7800GT in SLI setup, if I had to do it all over again, I would have 2 XFX cards. XFX is definitely more stable than MSI. I chose 2 7800GT rather than 1 7800GTX, $600 is easier than $900 plus, and I have great results in 3DMark03 26599. I just picked up an A8n32SLI board on Ebay and can't wait to see these results.

A8nSLI

4400x2

2048 Corsair XMS3500LLPro

XFX7800GT

MSI7800GT

74gig raptor - soon to be 2x in RAID 0

Edited by {fkr}silentkiller

Ive got this card and its very powerful. Ive had no problems with it and it performs great!

eVGA here, choose it over XFX bc of customer service. Not that XFX is the worst out and not that I wouldn't buy one, but this card has costed me $295 and i bought it when the next cheapest after rebate was $328.

Anyway jsut make sure the stock clocks are above the 400/1000 "Standard" that way you KNOW you dont have a dud. 445/1070 stock here running 490/1160 atm.

he said he refuses to go evga, but perhaps u should give them a try, I've heard alot less problems coming from evga than xfx

bfg is good too

if you wanna get a 7800GTX get the XFX, its not as expensive as the BFG OC one but has higher stock clock stats, and you get double lifetime warrently with XFX. XFX's card also had out performed the ATI X1800XT 512MB in all tests.

:ph34r: