Sign in to follow this  
wootas

Can't Install Windows

Edit: I upped the ram voltage from 2.6 to 2.9 which allowed it to boot from the cd, it went through and checked hardware and did its initial loading, but when it said setup is starting windows it gave me a BSOD, at the bottom it says STOP: with 4 sets of numbers, of which I have no idea what to do with, any ideas?

Edited by wootas

What kind of setup are you running. Perhaps posting your PC's specs would give us some insight to the problem.

lanparty ut sli-dr

opty 148

corsair xms 2 sticks of 512

evga 6600gt

I've read about problems like this before and they all seem to be memory related... any ideas?

Which dimms are you putting your memory into? If you aren't using the orange ones do so. Also you might try just using one dimm to install ram, try the orange one closest to the CPU socket.

Ok I just figured screw it and took out the 4400 xms sticks, and I grabbed 2 512 mb sticks of pc2100 rosewill, set everything to default, and tossed em in the orange slots. Set vdimm to 2.8, and ddr freq to 133 (wow that's slow). It got into the windows setup and is formatting the partition now so we'll see how it goes, I suppose I'll have to use this slow ram for now until I pick up some g.skill in a few weeks. Thanks guys, I'll post if it finishes the install or not.