Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze_Badger

Just Ordered

Duct tape is a silverish foil tape used for ducting. Duck tape is a tape with fibers in it for strength and versatility. It was named such because of the duck fibers used in manufacturing it, and because it was used by the US Military to keep water out of weapons and ammo crates because water "rolled off it like a duck's back."

What you call duct tape is very very poor quality for any actual ducting. It decays over the years, and is very sensitive to humidity and moisture.

:P

All you can do is make the best of what you buy. Buying cheap and making it what you want is part of the fun. Good luck with it.

Duct tape is a silverish foil tape used for ducting. Duck tape is a tape with fibers in it for strength and versatility. It was named such because of the duck fibers used in manufacturing it, and because it was used by the US Military to keep water out of weapons and ammo crates because water "rolled off it like a duck's back."

What you call duct tape is very very poor quality for any actual ducting. It decays over the years, and is very sensitive to humidity and moisture.

:P

600115[/snapback]

Seems we are both seem to be right.

Nice buy :)

I wouldent go near that case with a 10 foot barge pole personaly, but what ever floats your boat. :)

Right now I'm using a steel skeleton of a case with some plexi on it. Hell, I don't even have stuff screwed in (it's on it's side).

And I'll be doing lots and lots of modding :).

It arrived today, and MAN it is BEAUTIFUL. The LED fan is tricolor (red, green, and blue), but a little load. Nothing like a whine, but more like a soft roar.

But, to give a report:

Pros: LED fan, solid construction for the most part.

Cons: The hard drive cage is flimsy and the bottom is only partially connected to the case. The door doesn't cover the top drive bay, so stealthing may be in order regarding your looks. The fan also seems to fluctuate in power when judging by sound. And, you'll want an intake to counter it, otherwise your pressure may drop.

Too bad it's out of stock at Xoxide, it's quite the deal for $20.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger