Ok Guys This Could Be Good News

NyCUnDaGroUnD

K guys i have successfully installed folding on one of the 200 computers at my College's computer workstation. I have disabled the security settings. Normally when i shut down computer and turn it back on again, it reverts back to its saved setting every time. But now when i shut down and turn it back on the folding program is still there cruching for us. Its maybe i ran it as a service like LocalGuru taught me.

Let me see if it does a WU and if it does ill install it on the 200 2.0 Dell OptiPlex GX240. Ther are like about 10 New Macs too. And nobody ever uses them so ill install it on them too.

We will be owning if this really works out.

hell yeah, I got

chs_tigers

Date of last work unit 2003-03-05 08:02:59

Active processors (within a week) 34

I find some machines fall off becuaser they take so long to fold. but I have made a little batch script. and reg key for win98, if any one needs it.

download it here http://nickbush.com/fah/

what you have to do is download the zip and open the zip and click on fah.reg

it installs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices]

"fah"="C:\\Program Files\\fah\\winFAH.exe"

then click on the install.bat it creates the c:\progra~1\fah and copies the console into that directory.

and the next time you reboot, before the loggin screen the config page will come up and ask what team and name to use, and then it will never come up again. but you have to rember to reboot, and fill out the info.

I just checked and as of now, 9:30pm here in San Diego Pacific Standard Time, we are ranked 93rd. We keep moving up gradually, and since peeps like localguru and NyCUnDaGroUnD got mad hookups with the computers, we should be rising at a faster pace too!

OCC comin at ya!

i am going to have 3 computers running by the monday. a 1700xp, 650 celeron, 1000 atholon. the 650 is 24hrs a day the other two will be when i am not playing games so about 20 hours a day.

btw, how do you make this a service in xp? i want it to run even if i don't sign in to xp. and i want it to run on all users.