Itx

Special_K

Hey all,

Well, I decided I want to take a little time and build me a PC for my car. ITX seems to be the best way to go as they are small, efficient, and can run most stuff. I was wondering what the best setup would be since I've never experienced this hardware before (though I know it's just everything else shrunken down and slower). Essentially I would like to use this for music, wireless networking, maybe video, maybe GPS, and not sure what else.

I would like some tips on the motherboard to use, along with components and any other tips that you guys can give me. I would like to keep the price low so nothing too expensive.

Also, the car this will be going in is (tenatively, I have to buy it first) a 1996 Chevy Caprice Classic (Ex-cop car). Yes I am putting a CB/PA in it too, and yes I am in the process of becomming a police officer. (If that car falls through I got my '88 Volvo, in which case I would just save the ITX system because it just wouldn't be the same...)

Oh, and no overclocking... sorry guys :rolleyes:

Yea I saw that, it looks nice but 1. I'm not that patient 2. It costs more 3. ITX already has a plethora of great resources because carputers have been made before. They have the 12v psu's and everything, plus battery monitoring.

For all purposes, I'm going to go with ITX, thanks for the suggestions though.