Sign in to follow this  
RaTeD-R

A new place for a floppy drive

I think the "almost" obsolete 1.44mb floppy drive should be moved.......say.......to the keybord!  Keyboards are coming with USB attachments and all, why not stick a floppy drive somewhere under all those keys  :) .  That way you can slide your 1.44mb disk right into the side, back, whatever.  Most people agree, the floppy drive is getting useless.  I don't think we should get rid of it all together...... but I think it should come out of the case.  All cases should come w/ a bay for Zip drives, and get rid of the aging 3.5 bays.  If you think theres a better place to put the 1.44 (and dont say in the garbage :), please share your opinions.

They do have floppies built into keynoards....

I still use floppies daily. Mainly as objects to fling across the building at my co-workers... but I do use them from time to time...

dang, really?  I gotta get me one of those!  I just saw one of those USB pocket things today.  It was a 16MB HD that you just hooked up via USB.  Neat idea.  Looks like the futures dim for Zips to.