Sb Audigy 2 Zs Problem

Vic Mackey

Ok so I reinstalled my computer the other day and now dxdiag says that my audigy 2 ZS doesnt support hardware buffering. I have tried installing other drivers and no change. I have NEVER had that error before. How do I fix this?

What do you mean you reinstalled your computer?

Reformated?, added new hardware?

The more information about this problem and what you did just before it accured would help greatly.

What do you mean you reinstalled your computer?

Reformated?, added new hardware?

The more information about this problem and what you did just before it accured would help greatly.

597911[/snapback]

I formatted and reinstalled winxp and all programs I have. I have done this many times before and never gotten this error. Onboard sound is disabled. I ran the test for sound in dxdiag and when it got to the hardware test it failed saying that my card doesnt support hardware buffering. Only soundware buffering will be heard. It defaults my sound acceleration to Basic.

Edited by Vic Mackey

Did you update windows to latest service pack after the install?

First try going into the driver control panel for the card and looking aorund for anything that says "hardware bufffering" If you don't find anything there, restart and access the CMOS, make sure the onboard is disabled and make sure any settings that say hardware buffering are disabled for sound cards/sound. If this doesn't work or there are no such settings.

procced with this:

Uninstall the Sound card drivers from add/remove programs, then reinstall the drivers off disc: it may be necessary to Take the card out before uninstall the drivers, then after drivers are uninstalled; Have computer turned off, reinstall card, reboot, and reinstall the drivers.

well i uninstalled the drivers again and moved the card to another slot. still says i dont have hardware buffering....

and yes i installed sp2 and all the updates, mobo drivers, vid drivers, etc

Edited by Vic Mackey

did u uninstall the onboard sound first?

597997[/snapback]

Gosh I feel dumb now... I checked msconfig and it was set to selective startup. I clicked normal startup and now I have hardware buffer. Thanks for the replies guys! :-)

UPDATE: I was wrong again. It wasnt the selective startup. It was my Logitech Fusion webcam. With it plugged in I have only software buffers allowed. If I disconnect it and reboot, then I get hardware buffers back. Geez....

Edited by Vic Mackey