Sign in to follow this  
invidious

Good Miniatx Motherboard?

friend is building a computer in an atx mini tower, cant find a good pcie motherboard for his 478pin p4.

anyone know of anything?

There is no pci-e 478 mobo (i know i tried)

THo there is this hybrid herehere

I wouldn't reccomend it tho... Its pretty much the ONLY pci-e 478 combo out there

There is a albatron out there, but its FULL atx, and it needs a prescott in order to run

I could help you if you wanted AMD, if you are considering them, search 6100 on the newegg. Good boards. I have the Biostar one and got great reviews. IDK if mATX is like atx mini tower. I'm pretty sure there are the same.

I could help you if you wanted AMD, if you are considering them, search 6100 on the newegg. Good boards. I have the Biostar one and got great reviews. IDK if mATX is like atx mini tower. I'm pretty sure there are the same.

598615[/snapback]

well, you can find any matx board with pci-e, problem is that the sckt 478 isn't compatible with pci-e, (old cpu, designed for agp 8x)

isn't "good mini-ATX mobo" an oxymoron?

598671[/snapback]

:withstupid: That is a good point! IMO I would ditch the case and get at least a mid-tower, because micro atx boards kinda suck.

Guest FxXP
sckt 478 isn't compatible with pci-e

That's not exactly true. There are Socket 478 motherboards out there with the 915P chipset. Albatron, EQS (PC Partner), Jetway, and Asus make them.

:withstupid: That is a good point! IMO I would ditch the case and get at least a mid-tower, because micro atx boards kinda suck.

598674[/snapback]

If you are building a frag box then you have to use a mATX, as that is what I'm doing and reviews suggest that the 6100 series are very good for a HTPC or a lan box. Put into a x-qpack, makes it look even better.

well i would get an AMD and get an MSI... for a M-ATX

598986[/snapback]

read the first post... He wants a sckt 478 mobo matx+ pci-e...

To put this bluntly, i'm tired of seeing people who post their own ideas on someone elses thread...

Well someone eles posted that that kind of board is rare out there, so I posted if he wanted to go AMD I could suggest a board. He just said he would get an MSI AMD mATX board.