What Do You Think Of This? Opinions Please

i recently sold an mmo account and i have some money to blow on computer stuff so. i was lookin around and i found this... what do you think?

any pros cons.. problems?

this has a mobo, cpu and 2 video cards SLi config,

this bundle.

btw i just need a new vid card, cpu and mobo lol... not a whole new computer. any suggestions would be great . ty

Edited by mrsinister

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no that dose not sound like a very good idea to get that.

a biostar mobo is NOT a ocing mobo AT ALL

6600LE??? heck i think even a 6800GS should outpreform that low-end sli

i have no complaints about the 3000+ other than that you should oc the life outa it

You can get a 300+ for 150 or elss, and a decent mobo for 150, leaving you 110 for a graphics card, but I's agree with spazmire, you dotn want a 6600LE for a SLI rig, get a 6800 series or better. I got a 6600GT and for any jo smo gamer thats K but if your into gamign you want somethign better 6800GS has 12 pipe compaird to teh 8 or 4 with the 6600GT or LE not to mention twice teh RAM and higher speeds at that.

That combo is for people who want SLI for the hell of it - similar to how the bigwater kit is wc just for the sake of having wc. A much better combo can be made for only slightly more money with much more ocing potential ;)

heres one from newegg...

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishLi...Title=500dollar

a64 3200+ 176$ ==>

msi sli-f -99$ ====> 20$ savings for buying these together

6800GS -229$

all of this -481.3

shipped -490ish

not a bad buy IMO cause you can go sli later and if you ever feel the errge that 3200+ should oc atleast some on the msi mobo

seeing BTSchnarfy's deal up there i think these system would be a draw it all depends on who you want to go with

dfi , xfx

msi, pny

the dfi board could oc higher but it also has more dangerous setting in the bios, and it is also that cheapo brown color witch would not be good in a windowed case IMO

all up to u tho...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...3&Sku=E145-7810

mobo and video card, the video card alone is $300 and the mobo alone is like $165, so it's a pretty good deal, and all with lifetime warranties

that will run you slightly over your $500 budget if you get the 3200+ CPU from Newegg, but it would be much stronger than anything else i have seen suggested, try to get enough to get a 3500+ maybe and you would be rockin

i just ordered this combo with an Opteron 150 CPU and a gig of OCZ Plat Rev 2 memory and a Zalman CPNS7000B-CU LED HSF, will have it running by tomorrow night i believe, will let you know how it runs

Edited by habitual geek

ty for the quick replies ill have to look around a bit more, no sense in spending 500$ on somethin that wont do what you want it to. =p

i did see that deal with the evga 7800 and the mobo for 360 was trying to find a cpu that would fit the budget though =p

off to more searching and comparing of parts =p