Sign in to follow this  
mrsinister

What Do You Think Of This? Opinions Please

If you're on a tight budget, SLI shouldn't even be in your sights. Single-card solutions are always better if you can't go highend because you can then always upgrade in the future when you get more cash and/or need more performance. IMO, 6800GS is your best value right now and will leave u enough change to get a good mobo and cpu.

Guest Raven65

STAY AWAY FROM BIOSTAR. That's a great combo if you are asking for problems. Crappy MoBo. 2 mediocer video cards and a 130 nm processor.

no offense BUT nf4+ati/ati chipsets+nvidia arent made to be used together, in otherwords nvidia for nvidia and ati for ati, reduces compatability issues that you might face.

no offense BUT nf4+ati/ati chipsets+nvidia arent made to be used together, in otherwords nvidia for nvidia and ati for ati, reduces compatability issues that you might face.

597019[/snapback]

lol no offense but do you realise how many ati chipsets are out there versus nvidia

and yet I see so many people running ati cards on nvidia chipsets w/ no issues

at best I could see an nvidia chipset giving nvidia cards a bench boost and vice versa

lol no offense but do you realise how many ati chipsets are out there versus nvidia

and yet I see so many people running ati cards on nvidia chipsets w/ no issues

at best I could see an nvidia chipset giving nvidia cards a bench boost and vice versa

597027[/snapback]

eh i was being more specific abou sli and cf boards--->dfi ones mainly.

Go to monarchcomputer.com get the 64 bit +3700 asus a8n-sli mobo and a single 6600 now then get the second one next payday. Should stay around 500-600 bucks and with he new nvidia drivers that board is rock solid stable.

Or, you could get a better single card at a lesser cost.

Let's defeat the rumor now: SLI does NOT double your performance! nVidia has only rated it up to 1.9x at the most!

Thank you.

Go to monarchcomputer.com get the 64 bit +3700 asus a8n-sli mobo and a single 6600 now then get the second one next payday. Should stay around 500-600 bucks and with he new nvidia drivers that board is rock solid stable.

598622[/snapback]

That plan sounds great but that 6600 card kinda sucks, a lot, you are better off getting a 6800gs for about $50 bucks more and a 6800gs in sli is pretty good considering thats its a bit cheaper than a 7800gtx and it is a little under par. I'm pretty sure 2 6800GSs are better than a 7800gt but get a 7800gt and sli later.

That plan sounds great but that 6600 card kinda sucks, a lot, you are better off getting a 6800gs for about $50 bucks more and a 6800gs in sli is pretty good considering thats its a bit cheaper than a 7800gtx and it is a little under par. I'm pretty sure 2 6800GSs are better than a 7800gt but get a 7800gt and sli later.

598858[/snapback]

:withstupid: 6800gs would be a great investment if you want a good card at a reasonable price. If you SLI them, only the top cards in sli would be able to top it in performance (and those top cards would cost double what you'll pay).

edit: ps, I've dealth with monarchcomputer before, and they're outstanding. back when i was building my current system I got a a64/mobo combo from them (along with some other things) and the combo came with a free farcry dvd version. The dvd was giving me errors when i tried to install so I RMA'd it back to them, no hassle at all. and their prices are usually pretty good as well :)

Edited by ClayMeow

598858[/snapback]

Actually according to a few discussions on this board one 7800GT is better than 2 6800GS.. Take it for what its worth.