So, I Just Found A Phase Change System...

it needs to be refrigerant, because the freon needs to be compressed and when it enters a place that it can expand is when it drops the temperature.  its the expansion of the freon that cools.  hence why it needs to be compressed again, so that you can recycle the freon.  theres no room for a compressor in a w/c setup.  especially considering water does not compress hardly at all.

edit: ijagwalaafq posted a link to one in his post above.  it was discussed in this thread a couple days ago.

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Is_This...el_-t61256.html

596187[/snapback]

I know, but I think that's a little hefty. (I read the other thread.)

Are they all that expensive?

and what about attachments for dual chips or video cards?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont really know hom much they run. I know nerm said in his post in that other thread that you can get a custom built for around 500 and it will outdo that $850 one. i assume if you get a custom one, they can make it do whatever you want.

also

holy crap. you got your second star already, youve been here what, a week? dang. i knew you been postin a good bit, but i didnt realize that much. i must be slackin off on my time spent here not to notice you rackin up the stars so quickly, oh well, not like stars matter anyways. i want a green one personally.

also

holy crap.  you got your second star already, youve been here what, a week?  dang.  i knew you been postin a good bit, but i didnt realize that much.  i must be slackin off on my time spent here not to notice you rackin up the stars so quickly, oh well, not like stars matter anyways.  i want a green one personally.

596197[/snapback]

Kid has been posting at an average of over 12 posts a day. It's freakin nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a hardnrg :D

Though surprisingly he's not on the Top 10 posters page.....

Guest lolathon

Ya, I have a ps in the closet too.

To lazy to aztually turn it into one, but 95% of the parts are there! :P

Guest Raven65

don't know if anyone else thought of this but, Dude it's not yours it's your brothers. Sell it? huh. I'm glad I'm not your brother.

:withstupid: but how much can you actually sell an incomplete PS system with no refrigerant??

596227[/snapback]

Not much because without the refrigerant and no blocks it means a lot of money and work has to be put into it yet so basically all someone would be paying for is the compressor.

KB, what are the compressor specs? HP, brand, etc?

Kid has been posting at an average of over 12 posts a day. It's freakin nuts. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a hardnrg  :D

Though surprisingly he's not on the Top 10 posters page.....

596202[/snapback]

Is that unusual? On a bunch of forums I visit, I usually have around 11 or 12 posts per day, and am one of the first to get 1,000 on a few forums I have been at since the start.

I try not to spam, like, I...erm, used to. "oh cool"... *tries not to remember early internet days*

And, I think you should sell it KB, and buy yourself a PSU. Makes the most sense to me.

Now, can I get some links over to a custom phase change system? If I get some extra money...