Drifting Video

Propane

mmm, winter brings slick conditions and empty parking lots... what does this mean? DRIFTING

For the impatient (low quality) [2.2Mb]: http://granville.k12.oh.us/~kevin/car/dorifto3.wmv

For the critic (high quality) [33Mb]: http://granville.k12.oh.us/~kevin/car/dorifto3-h.wmv

For the hell of it (different version) [21Mb]: http://granville.k12.oh.us/~henry/videos/amigodrift.mov

no humans were harmed in the making of this film...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something about the Music and SUV just seems wrong :lol: But I dunno maybe its just me :(

595237[/snapback]

Hey man, dont diss my Amigo!...lolz But i do wish it was a real jeep wrangler not some silly wanna be. But hey it was a free car i got last Christmas so i cant complain too much. Besides, its a fun car to drive in both summer and winter. Summer cause the top comes off and winter cause its fun to drift :)

if thats the worst offroadin you can do then stay in the parking lot as my stack 2003 nissan frontier went throuth much worse and that aint drifting its just sliding on the slush and i could have done without the starwars music

I could probably do more off roading but not much....It was a FREE CAR, a 1994 RWD Amigo! i never said it was good...lol we were just bored and having a bit of fun, thats all. Never did i say it was awesome-o! Besides i guess you missed it when i made fun of the Amigo and said i would rather a Wrangler which would fair much better then a frontier offroad.

p.s. it wasnt star wars music. It's the back to the future theme you noob

Edited by Beachumz

I just cringe every time I see immature actions like that.

it's part of the reason public support for offroading has DIED. they think everyone with a 4x4 is as irresponsible and wreckless as you guys are.

first off you're driving on school property (at least from what I can tell). remember how we just discussed tresspassing? that would be included.

second, what you're doing is dangerous. an amigo weighs what 4,500lbs, skidding out of control that thing can do a LOT of damage to people and property. you're driving on what looks like a sidewalk too. you guys may or may not understand the conept of "center of gravity"... judging by what you're doing out there :( granted an amigo is better than say a wrangler... but still, one over correction and that thing IS going over on it's side or roof.

plus you obviously didn't factor the possible damage to the amigo... come skidding around that parking lot and smack the side of a front tire into a curb or sewer drain... who's paying the bills to fix the truck? few hundred dollars after knocking the front end of of alignment. bent radius arm? sure the amigo is kinda tough stock, but you can really screw that thing up.

and fianlly, that is not offroading :( I see pavement

example 1 of course I'm still trying to figure out what in gods name they're trying to acomplish in this one :( but it looks like some of the dumb rookie mistakes I made many years ago :)

or you could watch this video for a really cheesy intro to offroading.

or this one... though an example of BAD safety precautions

btw in case you guys are wondering WHY I'm on a tear about safety... I got my quote for insurance at the park... mother of GOD there are so many things to worry about. things I have to plan for and do everything possible to avoid.

ok, first off Amigo = 3700lbs.....check edmunds.com if you dont believe me.

We were never once on the sidewalk at our school. The fastest i hit was probably only 20mph even when the speedometer reads ~60(tires are spinning).

i also know my cars center of gravity very well and know how top heavey it is but its kinda hard to make it tip much at all when you are slowly sliding on ice!

I even paid VERY close attention to where the sewers/ polls/ curbs are and only did it at a good distance from them.

On the trespassing part....our school could give a flying F* there were janitors standing outside watching us do it and laughing and cheering us on.

Finally, the "offroading" if you didnt hear the sarcasim in my voice then that is very sad and you need some help. it was gravel with snow on it, thats all.

"granted an amigo is better than say a wrangler.....sure the amigo is kinda tough stock.."

......you OBVISOULLY know NOTHING about amigo's...they suck. 120hp with 125tq weighing 3700lbs = teh sucks.......FREE CAR!!! i would pay for repairs myself thank you very much!

i will be selling my amigo soon probably anyways, because i will be going to Fort Benning for boot camp, after which i will get a real Wrangler with my enlistment bonus and the money from selling the amigo

:rolleyes:

jesus, the off roading was sarcastic, we went sliding on an empty parking lot...

why would we change public oppinion of offroaders... the people doing that are the ones in their lifted tahoes coming through town going :GRVROOMMMMMMM: louder than all hell and coverd in .... not the kinds in a parking lot in a 2x4...

trespassing on public property?... wut... I park there every day... I sure hope Im not trespassing every day too...

lighten up a wee bit... life will be more enjoyable...

I respect what your saying... its just getting old...

if thats the worst offroadin you can do then stay in the parking lot

We r teh offr0adin badass3s, I pitty da f00l who says we gon dun bad 0ffrodin' </sarcasam>;)

3700lbs is lighter than I figured (was going off the top of my head and guessing). that's still enough weight to do some damage.

spinning the tires to 60mph but only moving to 20mph!!!! OMG you guys are idiots. all it takes is for those tires to catch pavement and you've got problems. let me tell you about spinning wheels on ice. I was out trying to pull a buddies plow truck out of a ditch a few years ago. had a bronco pulling from the street. very icy night (duh a plow truck went off the road), tires slipping all over the place, 500hp + from that truck, tires only spinning @ 35mph, but one of the back tires caught pavement, and tore a $1200 38" BFG trail TA right off the rim... it landed 50' away! now you're 16-18 years old? don't take this the wrong way.... but you don't have a clue when it comes to safety behind the wheel. first the street racing and now this. you guys just keep saying "oh it's okay, no one got hurt".... THIS TIME. all it takes is ONE slip up and someone won't be the same.

janitor watching... since when did a janitor have ANY authority over anything?

and obvsiously you don't know much about trucks if you think you're going to get more HP and torque from a wrangler. a wrangler barely has power than the amigo. and you clearly have no concpet of how much it costs to fix damage to the suspension of a truck... which being 2wd means it's NOT reinforced enough to take as hard of a beating.

Guest lolathon

All I have been reading lately from red, is how the world is about to end.

"Yeah, Off roading Bigred!!!"

...lawl