939 Opterons Discontinued

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I can't rly say I'm shock because all great things come to a end, who knows, maybe the new M2 socket will come faster than we think. I'm just glad I got my opteron 148 before the were OSS/discontinued. But aren't they going start making skt 939 semprons? nice linky btw.

WOW! that freakin sucks, i was hoping to get one.. and wtf is with stopping the 3000+, 3200+ and 3500+ those were the only ones in my price range.. w/e hopefully this means a price drop.. would be nice to see the 3700+ in the low $300 or high $200 canadian range..

so.....whats gonna be the replacement for us OC'ers? i mean....OC'n one of these instead of buying an FX chip was the best option in the world...so when the opteron 939's are NLA by spring, whats my option gonna be then? thats when i was gonna pony up all the money to get that, a 7800 (or the hot card by then) and some ball busting memory.

so now what...i assume somethings comming down the pipe, but should i buy an opty duel core now or wait till whatevers supposed to arrive in the spring?

Edited by robAP

i'm glad i acted when i did *dance dance*

maybe this means it will be worth more on EBAY and stuff =)

but that absolutely sucks though...

Edited by airman