Sign in to follow this  
akac

Noobi Question Time

ok im going to throw out the noobist question I can think of. what is folding? ive read some forms and I see its for medical research but what does it exactly do. does it do some kind of math equations or search on the internet for information, what exactly does it do? I was thinking about putting it on my second rig, plz don't laugh its before I really new what I was doing. its a p4 2.4 I believe Northwood dfi landparty pro board (hey I did something right there) 1.5 gig ultra ram and has an old geforce 3 ti200 video card. would this work to fold on? my main rig is in my sig

Anything will help.

Folding is basically cancer research. The program downloads packets of information and then processes the information and sends it back to Stanford. It uses up alot of CPU power, but its at the bottem of the priority list so it shouldnt hurt anything else your doing on the computer. I have it installed on all of my computers, but I turn it off when doing video rendering, gaming, photoshop, ect. (pretty much anythign that uses alot of system resources).

It helps search for a cure to cancer and it doesnt hurt you any, so why not do it and help out a little bit.