Sign in to follow this  
Keg_Stand

Will This Opty Oc Well?

i have the sama 148 opty as you, got mine retail at the egg.

i have mine running 2.8 (310x9)

i have booted into windows at 3.0 (300x10), but not stable.

all this running on dfi eXpert mobo, g.skill pc4800 LA.

i can pass all tests, except prime95, which fails in 45min.

still tweaking...i guess its an oc stepping

i was hoping for a cabye 0543

me and hardnrg would like to see more peopel push em to 3ghz on air :lol: but count on us making it harder to get past us, oh and btw phase change guys dont count in the competition unless we get more phase users and then start a phase competition. :D

w00t... well, not for your venice controller finally dying completely... but i get a little giddy just thinking about a mobo on a box with 21 fans strapped on with rubber bands getting like 13

cmon, i need to see more 3ghz opeterons on air, its lonely here with me and hardnrg, the champs of air cooling :lol:

cmon, i need to see more 3ghz opeterons on air, its lonely here with me and hardnrg, the champs of air cooling :lol:

605488[/snapback]

dont worry buddy, my CABYE 0540 FPMW is coming, I will be in the 3ghz with you guys! I just hope to stay in the top 3 people!

You will see it done, I am getting a 148. The memory controller on my venice died.

605373[/snapback]

how do you know the memory controller died?

what kills a memory controller?

have never heard of a memory controller specifically dying, perhaps this is a drawback to AMD A64 overclocking?

A thousand curses upon christmas!!! eating up all my time, so I can't play with my opteron.... danm it swifty! I will beat thee yet! :lol:

Swifty : Sorry, but the king of air cooling 'round here is still TBone ;)

Habitual: Yea, the controllers in the venice die, most of the time slowly, from too much volts and overall abuse (maybe volts + high mem bandwidth?). Its an annoying problem, but not as bad or as often as the winnies, whose mem controllers were weaker to begin with.

Swifty : Sorry, but the king of air cooling 'round here is still TBone ;)

605560[/snapback]

hate to burst ya bubble but where is his opteron? till then, me and hardnrg are the champs of opteron air cooling :lol:

hate to burst ya bubble but where is his opteron? till then, me and hardnrg are the champs of opteron air cooling :lol:

605856[/snapback]

Lol, guess you got a point there...but its opteron air cooling. Just "air cooling" is a much broader field ;)