Can't Connect To The Internet

HogDog

Well I can't connect to the internet after I reinstalled my OS. I lost my CD with m Ethernet drivers on it so I downloaded them to an external hard drive and moved it to my comp. Still no connection. Have any ideas? -thanks, HogDog

Well I can't connect to the internet after I reinstalled my OS. I lost my CD with m Ethernet drivers on it so I downloaded them to an external hard drive and moved it to my comp. Still no connection. Have any ideas? -thanks, HogDog

592820[/snapback]

Hum....are all the cables plugged in? Sorry, I had to ask.

What are you using? Lan, dial up, DSL?

lol yes all the cables are pluged in. i have a cable connection

opps, i guess this should have gone into the networking and internet section

592843[/snapback]

Yeah do that, makes sure to "activate" the connection, and if it still doen't work click that "repair" thing. If still nothing tell me.

i just had the same problem today after swapping my motherboard all the drivers where installed and my router gave me an ip address tried all the options under the sun and my pc would just not get on the net...

plonked a pci netwrk card in i had laying around and voila it worked straight away

i will let ya know if i work out what it could be

(also enter the OCC mini competition see my sig)

i just had the same problem today after swapping my motherboard all the drivers where installed and my router gave me an ip address tried all the options under the sun and my pc would just not get on the net...

plonked a pci netwrk card in i had laying around and voila it worked straight away

i will let ya know if i work out what it could be

(also enter the OCC mini competition see my sig)

592993[/snapback]

All these ideas are very good. BTW DR...Gotta love that Avatar!