Sign in to follow this  
DraconicPenguin

Civic Turbo Vs Bmw 325i

1: police driving schools include actually hitting objects on the road, and how to deal with it (I doubt you bumped anything with your BMW).

2: so in the time it took you two to drive around on a highway, make a turn around it's impossible for another vehicle to get on the road?

btw not seeing something is EXACTLY THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE! just becuase you didn't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

yea um this is why you give japanese tuners a bad name aka "ricer" your d16 is not fast. hell my GTI 1.8T isnt THAT fast. im boosting 18psi, spiking at 22psi, pushing 194 to the wheels with 218tq. i'd give you a run for the money... 6psi hahaha thats funny.

and i keep up and sometimes beat 350Z's and G35 coupes. can you do that? i think not.

Edited by zigen

yea um this is why you give japanese tuners a bad name aka "ricer" your d16 is not fast. hell my GTI 1.8T isnt THAT fast. im boosting 18psi, spiking at 22psi, pushing 194 to the wheels with 218tq. i'd give you a run for the money... 6psi hahaha thats funny.

and i keep up and sometimes beat 350Z's and G35 coupes. can you do that? i think not.

594827[/snapback]

That-Is-BlowMeAway.jpg

1:  police driving schools include actually hitting objects on the road, and how to deal with it (I doubt you bumped anything with your BMW). 

2:  so in the time it took you two to drive around on a highway, make a turn around it's impossible for another vehicle to get on the road? 

btw not seeing something is EXACTLY THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE!  just becuase you didn't see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

594824[/snapback]

1. I practiced avoiding objects, kthx

2. yes

this is a highway.  little piddly road like you posted is not what I consider a high way.

I75-1.jpg

and it doesn't change the fact that you're putting innocent people's lives risk by ASSUMING no one else is around.  and that's one of the dumbest things I can think of.

594815[/snapback]

around here, we call a 4 lane divided highway a highway..

i dont care what you have around you, this is what we have around us.

:withstupid:

That-Is-BlowMeAway.jpg

594833[/snapback]

your just mad cuz u have a slow car. mines not even "fast". its quick though. and your calling your car fast? pffffffffft

your just mad cuz u have a slow car. mines not even "fast". its quick though. and your calling your car fast? pffffffffft

594837[/snapback]

PLEASE. SOMEONE QUOTE ME WHERE I SAID MY CAR IS FAST

(besides where i said "our cars are crazy fast yizzo", because that was sarcastic)

i have only had my car for a few months

i have had a turbo on it for a few weeks

it is a work in progress

i guess you dont understand that i dont have millions of dollars to throw at my car

i do what i can afford

and right now i cant afford to be pushing 18psi, understand?

mmmmmmmmmmk?

ok zigen, i think you jumped on the bandwagon here :lol: draconicpenguin clearly states that it is a work in progress as something to do and keep him occupied.

this thread is way silly. i still say that if someone wants to race, nobody here is going to change their opinion with

a) grim pictures

b) saying their truck/car is better than yours for whatever reason

c) stories of deaths because of racing

i've been keeping an eye on this thread for the last couple of days and it never fails to amaze me how weird threads can get...

dont like racing? then rest in the knowledge that you feel that it is best. i don't promote it, but i think everyone has had a pair of little horns pop out once in a while and the foot has gone down on the gas to prove a point or have some fun. those who dont race, well thats fine! nobody is forcing you to.

like to street race? be oh-so-very prepared to accept the consequences if something goes wrong. and bear in mind that it is illegal.

at the same time, you always hear about the bad times and experiences rather than the countless good/non-accident occurences of these things. just the media at it's finest - i wont pretend it doesnt happen, but i think you know where i am coming from.

i think both parties know the score, right? well, maybe we ought to leave it there...but i doubt it. someone will stick a finger in again :D

my point is how f'n stupid people are for assuming that they won't have a problem on a "highway" doing 90mph on a night with temps below freezing.

I think these kids need to look up the term "murphy's law" before they assume they're safe doing what they're doing. or that they're not putting others at risk for thier own games.

the point of street racing being illegal is over safety issues. the reason we have sanctioned tracks is over safety issues. don't these things make any sense to kids who want to go out and play / show off? I have nothing against racing, just know that the time and place for it is NOT a public road.

I agree that the media glorifies the bad things, but at the same time when law enforcment cracks down on something... you KNOW it's an issue.

the law wont always crack down on something because it is simply an issue - there is the factor of public pressure from media too. im not saying that is the sole reason, but red you're smart - you can see the logic there too and probably know of instances where the law turns into neo-hitler's to get good relations with public desires.

i agree - at less the 0*c you are really being daft. i wont throw my car around a bend at anything remotely silly speed-wise unless the road is bone-dry and relatively warm (ie/ above freezing and around 5-10c+)

they don't assume they are safe tho - in fact im sure they are quite aware it is dangerous. but people still do things anyway regardless. look at drugs etc. we know some are way more harsh than others, but it still doesnt stop people trying them out and getting hooked and doing stupid things. and guns too...plenty of people are more than capable of being repsonsible, but there are always a few that ruin it for everyone.

if you are trying to convert someone (for example/ me to liking american cars[!]), i think here you are fighting a lost cause :D

You're kidding right? Ford has the weakest v8's of the big 3 in their cars.

Wow, thats funny. Considering they matched the GT mustang against the new charger and it whipped its butt. Or the fact that the Mustang cobra carries 390 HP and 390 ft lb or torque. And that for about $50 you can do a blower pulley swap and turn it into a 450HP monster. That'll spank ANYTHING you can throw at it for the same $$$ or even more. Yeah GTOs have a lot of HP but they're still Pontiacs. Pontiac hasnt made a decent car since the last model Trans Ams and Firebirds. (The Pontiac Firehawk demamded respect)