Civic Turbo Vs Bmw 325i

DraconicPenguin

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't The Fast and the Furious, this is real life.

594123[/snapback]

had me fooled :blink:

someguy... stweet wacing on an empty 4 lane doesnt really put a lot of people in danger now does it...

edit: after further research, you drive a 1992 Chevy Silverwhatever, you have no grounding calling most cars a POS, espically a BMW

us car owners drive bad? look how your fellow truck drivers drive.

and for those who think our stweet wacing is bad, empty highway. late at night. it would take effort to hurt someone else in these conditions. not to mention we had two cars following behind to block anyone from getting close to us.

we arnt goin 80 in reverse on the wrong side of the highway like in fast and the furious :glare:

and for those who think our stweet wacing is bad, empty highway. late at night. it would take effort to hurt someone else in these conditions. not to mention we had two cars following behind to block anyone from getting close to us.

we arnt goin 80 in reverse on the wrong side of the highway like in fast and the furious  :glare:

594164[/snapback]

Accidents don't neccessarily have to involve other cars. What happens if you blow a tire at 120mph? You're gonna be sitting there in a twisted pile of metal while you hope that one of your friends has a cell phone with them and then you get to wait for 15 minutes for emergency personnel to show up. That is if you're still alive. And then if you are alive you have a lot of explaining to do as to why you were doing 120.

There is a reason race tracks have emergency crews on location. Accidents WILL happen and it is only a matter of time until you're involved in one if you race very much. If you're going to race, do it where it is sanctioned and there are people who are prepared to handle any situation. Do it for your OWN safety.

Oh, and Kevin and Draconic, did you both just accidently type 'stweet' or is that some new gangsta term I'm not aware of yet?

we didnt get close to 120, and i think id be pretty much just as screwed if i blew a tire at 70 or at 90 (fastest i went in the race)

we'd be at the track if it was open but its closed for the next few months

and about the stweet wacing... when talking to kevin on aim about it, i started calling it that, then sorta forgot about it. didnt notice kevin said it right above me.. just disregard it :P

I would have to agree with bigred, it does help to have a bigger car/trucks in the snow, but that is the only time I would want one on the road. My mazda3 is horrible in the snow, weighting about 2700lbs with a 160hp and 160lb/ torque, I get horrible wheelhop and spinning. My engine also has a lot of low-end torque for a 4 banger, and my back tires have no grip, so I end up doing 360s in the snow if I give it anymore than 3rpm in 1st gear in the snow.

Also DraconicPenguin I could beat you in a race with my mazda 3, 160hp and way more torque than your vtec.

I would have to agree with bigred, it does help to have a bigger car/trucks in the snow, but that is the only time I would want one on the road. My mazda3 is horrible in the snow, weighting about 2700lbs with a 160hp and 160lb/ torque, I get horrible wheelhop and spinning. My engine also has a lot of low-end torque for a 4 banger, and my back tires have no grip, so I end up doing 360s in the snow if I give it anymore than 3rpm in 1st gear in the snow.

i drove a mazda protege5 with snow tires during a massive ice storm last year. i had no problems. my mom was afriad to drive in the snow so i had to do all the driving. driving in the snow is fun.

btw... spinning your tires in 1st gear in a fwd car does not make you do 360s, it straghtens you out... :blink:

Also DraconicPenguin I could beat you in a race with my mazda 3, 160hp and way more torque than your vtec.

orly.jpg

why does everyone who has less power and heavier cars think they can beat mine? i dont have a problem if your car is actually faster... but 500lb more, and 10 or so less hp... i dont get it?

Edited by DraconicPenguin

had me fooled :blink:

someguy... stweet wacing on an empty 4 lane doesnt really put a lot of people in danger now does it...

edit: after further research, you drive a 1992 Chevy Silverwhatever, you have no grounding calling most cars a POS, espically a BMW

594142[/snapback]

Actually, I drive a Hyundai Santa Fe now. But that's not the point. My opinion on the matter has absolutely nothing to do with what I drive, what you drive, or what anybody drives.

By driving like a complete and utter moron (be it faster than what's considered safe by law, not paying attention to what you're doing, or allowing yourself to lose complete control of your vehicle) in a place where other people can unknowingly step into the middle of it is not safe. I don't give a flying F what you or anyone else says. It's just STUPID. Grow up and think of what you're doing.

Then again, go ahead and do it. Eventually all people stupid enough to street race (or stweet wace?!) will kill themselves and we won't have to worry about it anymore. It's just unfortunate that they'll likely take other innocent people with them.

Edited by Some_Guy_

I don't give a flying F what you or anyone else says.  It's just STUPID.

594193[/snapback]

oh, I guess forums have no point then

were you with us to see the conditions? do you know the road? oh, no on both accounts, if I posted a video where we were weaving in traffic you would have a point, but... we wernt, there were no exits between where we started and where we ended, as said earlier we would of had to TRIED to hit another car very hard as it would involve crossing medians etc.

side note, your friend would have to try to get caught in an accident involving street racing twice at least from where Im from... maybe you got confused with plain old speeders...

dangit you edited...

yes, we will all die, thats exactlly what will happenm then you can have a party that we are all gone...

also, I was not refering to your oppinion, I was refering to you calling my car a "pissy POS" when I mentioned your car :rolleyes:

"my one is better than yours"

jeez, whoop-de-doo.

another thread ruined....

oh well. it happens. that mazda 3 though...i have to agree with draconicpenguin. civic probably has the edge.

and if you dont like "street racing" then thats fine. i dont advocate it, but shouldnt you let people do what they want to do? if they get caught, crash w/e, then it's their responsibility. preaching upon them wont help one bit if they are going to do it anyway.

deep breaths everyone. after all, it's only a forum...