Civic Turbo Vs Bmw 325i

DraconicPenguin

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have debated having the OCC lan party here.  yet another benifit to it.

595196[/snapback]

ya thats probablly better than what Ive been working on... large school cafitera... we'd probablly destroy it...

Kevin I'm well aware of the legality of trespassing to go mudding.  I also know that it can tear up property really fast.  and the places we can do it are disapearing at an alarming rate.  hence the reason I'm actually in the process of building an entire park / vacation destination for offroaders and the out door type in georgia.  we now have over 50 miles of trails winding thru the property to provide a legal place to go wheeling, where safety is paramount.

595142[/snapback]

i wish i could build whatever the hell i wanted in my back yard.

that sounds like so much fun... sometimes i wish i had a truck, but i like my little car.

ya thats probablly better than what Ive been working on... large school cafitera... we'd probablly destroy it...

595202[/snapback]

Yeah and you might get high centered on the counter :ph34r:

*Add another vote to Anti Street racing side of things. Drivers like that make MY INSURANCE more expensive. We'll see which car is faster when one is wrapped around a tree. There's gonna still be ice even on a salted road at 13*F, I dont give a rip if you were going 64 at the fastest, you're still paying too much attention to keeping the lead

point 1 - Yeah and you might get high centered on the counter  :ph34r:

point 2 - *Add another vote to Anti Street racing side of things. Drivers like that make MY INSURANCE more expensive. We'll see which car is faster when one is wrapped around a tree. There's gonna still be ice even on a salted road at 13*F, I dont give a rip if you were going 64 at the fastest, you're still paying too much attention to keeping the lead

595711[/snapback]

1 - bring it

2 - insurance debate is over here = http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showto...30entry595708

OMG this debate is still going on

I mean seriously, None of us are going to sway anyones opinions, If so and so was street racing or not only that can know that for themselves, and someone telling them to stop isnt going to change anything

It will take either a close death call or a friend dying in street racing to change people.

i dont know who was street racing or whatnot but the simple facts remain.......noones gonna change from people's words, it always takes action

and sometimes being wrapped around a tree or plowing into another car is what it takes

no wonder you only make 194whp, those turbos are tiny...

10psi with most turbos on a sohc 1.6L easily gives you around 250whp and puts you into the low 13's or 12's

and apparently saying a beat a 325i means im saying my car is fast?

no. im saying my car is faster then a 325i

on a completely unrelated note, whats the stock boost on the 1.8T's? my mom has one (passat).. just wondering

595121[/snapback]

just wait till i get a GT2871R turbo. 15psi on that will get me about 350WHP. if i drive it right, i can 12's, and high 11's

HURRAY COOLMASTER! YOU'VE MADE A POINT!

Oh, and it DOES help to have very few visual upgrades. First off, the cops get less suspicious of you :P Also, they're a waste of money. Third, it's hilarious to watch some idiot with all the visuals got beat by something that looks stock.

are you putting a base charger against a mustang GT? now i'm a ford guy, but I know dang well what a pile of crap the new mustang IS. best friend was on the engineering team. he admits there were so many comprmises to get the thing out on time, and power was one of them. sure you can put a bunch of power out of the block, but will it make it to the road? NO. besides the SRT8 charger with the 6.1L V8 is putting down 420hp to all 4 wheels stock. heck even teh RT puts down 340hp stock. plus that power is getting to the ground. so don't go talking about a high end vs a mid range engine config on a car... you know as well as I do that it's not a good match.

OKOK, so it was a while since I read the article... First off its was a Mustang Bullitt model. (The cheapest upgraded model far weaker than a cobra and a lot les expensive) Still a SOHC......

But the car it competed with was a RT CHarger... MORE than enough power to whip the stang right??? WRONG. I mean sure it makes more HP and torque. But it weighs more, is bigger all around and came out sub par to the bullitt on almost every test. Especially the quarter mile. I think .6 secs is fair. Here, see for yourselves.

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_...itt/index7.html

You missed my point tomato. The discussion was as to who makes the 'best' V8 engine as seen in kevin's post. He suggested that ford made the best engines, and I went to disprove that. I made the mistake of including the models in which those engines are used. It was not a competition between cars, it was a competition between V8 engines.

Now as to how was the Mustang faster than the Charger in that comparison? Easy, the Mustang was a manual and the Charger was an auto. I can't imagine why they would make this comparison. Is the Charger not available with a manual or something? I don't know a whole lot about the Charger, but I'm guessing it also doesn't come from the factory with a high stall converter on the auto. In order for an auto to keep up with a manual, it's got to be built up, but that can also mean the car becomes unstreetable. To make this a fair comparison, both cars should have been manual, or both should have be automatic.