Big Water (thermaltake)

does any1 knowanyplace good to find this system? everyplace i find is about 150 and stuff and expensive shipping can any1 help me fiund a better site for this system for my rig?

Thanks,

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here at OCC we try to refer as many TT buyers as possible to other solutions. Simply because is well known that TT make cheapo parts and sell em for an expensive price.

I would recommend buying a theralright SI/ XP-120 with a Delta 220CFM fan (like me :P) instead of buying that large waste of money. Cools slightly (ever so sligjhtly) worse and costs a fraction of the price.

Here at OCC we try to refer as many TT buyers as possible to other solutions. Simply because is well known that TT make cheapo parts and sell em for an expensive price.

I would recommend buying a theralright SI/ XP-120 with a Delta 220CFM fan (like me :P) instead of buying that large waste of money. Cools slightly (ever so sligjhtly) worse and costs a fraction of the price.

592309[/snapback]

irony of that statement is the fact that he uses a Thermaltake V1000a and a Thermaltake 400W PSU :huh:

irony of that statement is the fact that he uses a Thermaltake V1000a and a Thermaltake 400W PSU  :huh:

592470[/snapback]

LOL!

I was in Microcenter a few days ago picking up mounting brackets to mount my harddrive in a 5.25" bay, and I saw this asian couple looking at a bigwater....I was gonna be like NOOOOOOO! But they were speaking chinese or something, so I was like, F it...if they don't want to assimilate into our culture, let them make a bad decision ;). lol, j/k

Even though thermatake sucks, my friend here doen't quite have the budget to get himself a Danger Den system or whatever. My current rig used to do like 48-55C idle, now its doing 34-42C idle, 46C when folding, 50 when folding and gaming, and all that without AS5, I recommended him the system because he wants liquid cooling for the improved performance than stock, and for the looks that air cooling just doen't give you. You have to agree that if someone wants a basic liquid cooling just for "the liquid cooling", thermaltake BW is worth it.

I wouldnt be so quick to diss the bigwater it is a lot quieter than air and has a 1 or 2 celcius lead over the top air coolers so for cheap I think its not that bad but there are better systems but they cost more if you dont like noisy fans its not the worst solution in the world.

I wouldnt be so quick to diss the bigwater it is a lot quieter than air and has a 1 or 2 celcius lead over the top air coolers so for cheap I think its not that bad but there are better systems but they cost more if you dont like noisy fans its not the worst solution in the world.

592512[/snapback]

There you go. I hate TT too, but most people here are judging the bigwater system without having tried it themselves. I lost 10-15C on my last rig from stock to bigwater, it could be even lower with AS5 (which I plan to add when I have the time).

I judge products on there individual performance not what brand they are because it works both ways you might love a brand so much then get burned by buying one of their products then discover it is second rate.The brand name is irrelevent the quality is not.