Revolution Specs Uncovered

Desktop-pro

now that ive had a full 4 hours of sleep and been in class all day i guess ill reply intelligibly

anyways, i dont know about this console, it could be good, i mean, graphics and power arent everything, i used to play a text-based mmorpg, well technically it was a MUD. but still, why put more limits on the game designers, limiting them to a less powerful. . . . everything. i mean the game designers complain about not all xbox's having hard drives. that limits them. what are they gonna think about this console.

well i guess nintendo is gonna do what it said its gonna do, not compete with the xbox360 or ps3, put themselves in a different category. it could work out for them. if they get good games, but who knows. though its not a bad deal for 99-149, especially compared to the 360, but by then, the 360 may be that price. and so may the ps3.

oh well, gook luck nintendo, i liked you allot, back in the day.

oh, btw, has anyone seen the controller for it, cuz that worries me more than the specs. i hope that they sell normal controllers also.

edit: i got to agree, gaming in the same room is so much better. i used to love halo back when we would all carry tv's and xboxs into the lobby. now at college the network is ran with switches instead of hubs and everyone just plays on the lan. it sucks. plus. i hate halo2.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now that ive had a full 4 hours of sleep and been in class all day i guess ill reply intelligibly

anyways, i dont know about this console, it could be good, i mean, graphics and power arent everything, i used to play a text-based mmorpg, well technically it was a MUD. but still, why put more limits on the game designers, limiting them to a less powerful. . . . everything.  i mean the game designers complain about not all xbox's having hard drives.  that limits them.  what are they gonna think about this console. 

well i guess nintendo is gonna do what it said its gonna do, not compete with the xbox360 or ps3, put themselves in a different category.  it could work out for them.  if they get good games, but who knows. though its not a bad deal for 99-149, especially compared to the 360, but by then, the 360 may be that price.  and so may the ps3. 

oh well, gook luck nintendo, i liked you allot, back in the day. 

oh, btw, has anyone seen the controller for it, cuz that worries me more than the specs. i hope that they sell normal controllers also.

edit: i got to agree, gaming in the same room is so much better.  i used to love halo back when we would all carry tv's and xboxs into the lobby. now at college the network is ran with switches instead of hubs and everyone just plays on the lan.  it sucks.  plus. i hate halo2.

591846[/snapback]

Do you know how the controller works? Cuz it's one of the main reasons i'm going to buy a Revolution.

Understanding the rev controller

Do you know how the controller works? Cuz it's one of the main reasons i'm going to buy a Revolution.

Understanding the rev controller

591866[/snapback]

yeah, i know how it works, and it's IDIOTIC! Have you seen the video for it?! Uch.

Besides, I like to have long gaming sessions...you'd get too tired in intense games with that controller.

this is not the first attempt at motion sensor controllers, i dont remember any earlier attempts, and theres a reason for that. im 20 so its not because of age, but because they all flopped. all of them. i learned of them in college from my friends here, i guess we will soon see if this one flops also. they may have done a good job on it. i dont know. but im pretty sure even if it works well it wont be my personal preference. il try it once whenever a friend gets it. it does have my curiosity piqued. i think thats the right word. maybe, funny looking word.

Guest Fried_fry

Seems to be extreamly resonalbly priced!

I will look into buying it when it comes out!

btw: i thought nintendo was sticking to hand helds!?

Sticking to handhelds? They've had a console for longer than they've had a handheld on the market. :glare:

As for the NES... I can only see the controller being SEMICOOL for a FPS. It's something different... I'm willing to give it a chance. But if I had to bet money, I think it will flop because of TONS of useless minigames rather than anything worth buying. (look at the DS's list of Nintendo made games... can we say Wario World Touched! will now become Wario World Wave your Arms!)

But if I can purchase any old nintendo games, I've gotta own all the Zeldas, Contras, Final Fantasy (the ones that were on nintendo systems obviously) and any other crap that I want to. They already said they aren't going to reveal any nextgen revolution games until E3. :( How dissapointing...

this is not the first attempt at motion sensor controllers, i dont remember any earlier attempts, and theres a reason for that.  im 20 so its not because of age, but because they all flopped.  all of them.  i learned of them in college from my friends here,  i guess we will soon see if this one flops also.  they may have done a good job on it. i dont know.  but im pretty sure even if it works well it wont be my personal preference.  il try it once whenever a friend gets it.  it does have my curiosity piqued.  i think thats the right word.  maybe, funny looking word.

592006[/snapback]

actually it is because of your age :P. Everyone who owned an original NES knows about the Power Glove. I never bought one though.

Wario World Wave your Arms!

LMFAO!!!!! :lol:

True, it is the first attempt to have a system based on motion sensing technology but there still have been a few attempts in the past. Gameboy had an attachment that sensed you tilting the system to move a character around and the NES had the powerglove (although I don't know if more than a couple of games were made for the power glove)

i had an NES, i know i got it secondhand, but i thought i only got it a year or 2 later. SNES came out a couple years after i had my NES and atari. well i guess i missed the beginning of the NES, if thats when the powerglove was big, then yeah, i guess its is because of my age.

i never did like nintendo so i dont really care about their new console. im not much of a console person lol, the only console i like is the xbox since its the most similar to a pc on the inside. not sure about the 360 tho never seen one opened up. anyone willing to open up theirs and post pics?

i never did like nintendo so i dont really care about their new console. im not much of a console person lol, the only console i like is the xbox since its the most similar to a pc on the inside. not sure about the 360 tho never seen one opened up. anyone willing to open up theirs and post pics?

592297[/snapback]

I'm the opposite, I hate the Xbox cuz it's to much like a computer and not like a console.

Inside a Xbox 360