Fx55

foamy654

I base my comment purely off benchmark scores. Everyone I have seen benching a 7800 series card they are getting larger than usual score improvements with cpu OC's which is an indication of the video card being bottlenecked.

591622[/snapback]

yeah, but what i have seen is that somewhere around a 3700+ or so the limitation stops, that cards can bench quite differently once you reach that mark or roughly so, some even say a 3500+ will do it for the GT, but that it takes an overclocked FX55 to get the GTX512 going good..........

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not talking about with a 3700+ I am seeing this happen with people that have FX series chips like the FX55 and 57. Don't get me wrong an FX57 and a 7800series card are gonna pull down some sick scores, but not what that cards technology is capable of doing.

ok im basicly buying the fx for the unlock goodies and the new pc is not god awfuly expensive 3.9g including phase system ....i admite the system is a bit off so fAR i have 3 dollars and 50 cents saved but after chrismas my mom's gonna help with like 200 dollars a month ( on top of what i can come up with... helps being unemployed)

Edited by foamy654

ok im basicly buying the fx for the unlock goodies and the new pc is not god awfuly expensive 3.9g including phase system ....i admite the system is a bit off so fAR i have 3 dollars and 50 cents saved but after chrismas my mom's gonna help with like 200 dollars a month ( im not a freeloader im 13...unemployed)

591967[/snapback]

you are 13, and your mom is going to contribute $200/mo to build a $3,900.00 computer system........lol, okay, that not only sounds rediculous and untrue, but at $200/mo it will take you so long to get enough cash that by the time you can afford it, it will be too old to compete

you are 13, and your mom is going to contribute $200/mo to build a $3,900.00 computer system........lol, okay, that not only sounds rediculous and untrue, but at $200/mo it will take you so long to get enough cash that by the time you can afford it, it will be too old to compete

591977[/snapback]

lol Finally in this thread we agree 100% haha :lol:

ok i got a babysitting job (classifed ads rock) like 300 dollars a month so it should be like 600 a month

*edit* srry the calculator toke a crap it did every thing x2 the first time

Edited by foamy654

if you are indeed going to try to build a FX55 based system, let me make you aware of this bundle deal i found

http://promotions.newegg.com/AMD/120505/index.html

looks like a pretty good deal to me, all you need is a PSU, case, video card, etc....

i am about to build a new system myself, and would like an FX55 too, but this tempts me, my budget is $800-$1000, was thinking about getting this deal, then just waiting and saving enough to get a 7800GT or GTX, but the more i think about it, i could get a 4000+ and a non SLI board since i am not going SLI, and come out much cheaper and get nearly the same performance IMO

ok i got a babysitting job (classifed ads rock)  like 300 dollars a month so it should be like 600 a month

*edit* srry the calculator toke a crap it  did every thing x2 the first time

592258[/snapback]

even at 600$ a month take you about 7 months. But I never heard of getting paid 600$ for baby sitting you would have to do it like everyday to get paid that much.